Verano Air Bag Recall- Still Not Notifying Customers!

Verano

Buick
I just got off of the phone with Buick Corporate and was told that GMC still does not know which specific 2012 Veranos are part of the recall! This is taking too long! This is a real safety issue! if you call you will be told that your car is not part of an active recall; it's only when I asked the right questions that it came to light that NO Veranos have yet been recalled. :mad:

Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s): BUICK / VERANO 2012
Manufacturer: General Motors LLC Report Receipt Date: OCT 31, 2012 NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 12V522000 NHTSA Action Number: N/A Component: AIR BAGS Potential Number of Units Affected: 2,949 Summary:
General Motors is recalling certain model year 2012 Buick Verano, Chevrolet Cruze, and Chevrolet Sonic vehicles. The driver side frontal air bag has a shorting bar which may intermittently contact the air bag terminals. Consequence:
If the bar and terminals are contacting each other at the time of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal airbag, that airbag will not deploy, increasing the driver's risk of injury. Remedy:
General Motors will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering wheel airbag coil, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact General Motors at 1-800-521-7300. Notes:
This is General Motors recall number 12261. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

Detroit, USA
A letter is being sent regarding this concern. The information that I have on this is as follows:

12261 Intermittent Airbag Warning Light Illuminated – Replace Steering Wheel Airbag Coil Upcoming Recall

Date:
January 11, 2013

Subject:
Upcoming Safety Recall 12261 - Update

Intermittent Airbag Warning Light Illuminated – Replace Steering Wheel Airbag Coil

Models:
2012 Buick Verano and Chevrolet Cruze and Sonic

On October 30, 2012, all Buick and Chevrolet dealers were advised of upcoming safety recall 12261. This product field action involved certain 2012 Buick Verano and Chevrolet Cruze and Sonic vehicles.

Some of these vehicles have a condition in which the shorting bar inside of the dual stage driver's airbag may occasionally contact the primary stage airbag terminals. If contact occurs, the airbag warning light will illuminate. In the event of a crash, if the bar and terminals are contacting each other, the primary stage airbag will not deploy, resulting in increased risk of personal injury.

The customer letter mailing for the involved customers will begin today to inform them of this safety recall even though the parts needed to repair these vehicles are currently not available. A copy of the letter is included in this message. The letter informs these customers of the defect and that we will correct it at no charge.

The letter also advises the customer to contact dealers to schedule an appointment on or after February 11, 2013, which is when we expect to have sufficient parts to begin repairs.

Updated information will not be available until the recall bulletin is released in early February. I will let you know when I know more. Thank you.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.

Verano

Buick
Glad I posted here. Thanks for the update!

Verano

Buick
I still have not received a letter and when I log into my Buick account online it doesn't show my VIN as being a part of the recall, but I have a 2012 Verano.

Is the recall for ALL 2012 Veranos?

Please advise. Thanks!

Detroit, USA
Verano,

The recall involves certain 2012 Buick Verano and Chevrolet Cruze and Sonic vehicles. I have not had additional information provided at this point. I do not believe that it has been released at this point. I will continue to keep you posted. Thank you.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
2018 TourX
A co-worker just had her's completed.

Carleen

Buick
Just to be on the safe side I called the dealer to make sure my Verano was not on of the cars that was involved in the recall notice. To be on the safe side you should to:)

Turbo Buick Badge