Verano cuts thru snow

alpet

Cranston, RI
2012 Crystal Red Verano - window tint - lip spoiler
:) As a FWD car, my Verano is very good on snow covered roads . I live in the Rhode Island. Being in the NE corridor, we get our fair share of snow, sleet, slush, etc. and Nor'easters.

We've had 2 snow storms over the last 2 weekends (22" last Saturday eve.), another tonite, I'm impressed with the handling with STOCK RIMS & TIRES!
You guys up in Canada may need snow tires, but it seems here I'm OK with original wheels & all season tires.

My last car was a CTS AWD, which was very good in snow, The Verano not quite as good as an AWD car, but still impressive for a FWD.

Anyone else? Your thoughts.

Carleen

Buick
So far so good, got caught in a blizzard last Saturday and had no problems driving even going up steep driveways. Carleen

dwssas

Buick
I live in Canada about two hours north of Toronto. Our largest snowfall has been three inches and that happened twice. Not bad for living north. What little snow we have had Vern handled it with no slips or slides and braking was good using the all seasons provided by GM. My Dakota with four snows and extra weight in the rear handles no better.

Snoopy

Nova Scotia
Verano
Glad to hear you guys are making out OK with the stock tires. I considered leaving the stock 18"s on the car for the winter as I never used snow tires on a front wheel drive car before. I figured they would be OK. One of the main reasons I put winter wheels and snows on was to save the stock alloys from our harsh road salt. I don't know whether road salt is used in your areas, but it's used on nearly all roads in Nova Scotia. It eats the finish on alloy wheels, so they look pretty bad after a few winters, unless you wash them after every use. Not very practical.

verano4u

2019 Sportback
What is the make of your tire and size that came on the car. Some cars come with 17 in and some with 18 inch rims. Tire brands can be different as well from the factory.

Snow tires are better for winter because the rubber stays softer than all season tires and gives better grip in cold temperatures. No need for snow to realize the benefits of a snow tire.

I use winter tires and black steel rims and will continue to for winter.

Plus with all the crud they put on the roads these days, my nice rims that came with the car will always stay nice.

If you are satisfied with you OE all season tire performance in the winter, so be it. But there are always trade offs of what you choose to do.

:cheers:

michael.marshall

2013 Buick Verano
:) As a FWD car, my Verano is very good on snow covered roads . I live in the Rhode Island. Being in the NE corridor, we get our fair share of snow, sleet, slush, etc. and Nor'easters.

We've had 2 snow storms over the last 2 weekends (22" last Saturday eve.), another tonite, I'm impressed with the handling with STOCK RIMS & TIRES!
You guys up in Canada may need snow tires, but it seems here I'm OK with original wheels & all season tires.

My last car was a CTS AWD, which was very good in snow, The Verano not quite as good as an AWD car, but still impressive for a FWD.

Anyone else? Your thoughts.
Taunton, MA here and we got 28 inches. Had no problems either. Never got stuck.

Turbo Buick Badge