Verano Eyebrows

COBBCITY

Buick Newbie
Buick
Now this is going to sound silly.. but I have to ask.

About 50% of the friends I have shown my new Verano to immediately say "What's up with those chrome eyebrows over the tail lights" with others adding "You need to do something about that". It really bugs people that there are large chrome trim pieces over the red taillights and I can see their point. They are large, they look a bit odd and one would think red, body colored or even black would have been a choice that did not jump out at you when you look at the back of the vehicle.

I am being told I can simply find an "aftermarket replacement" for those pieces in another color that better blends with the exterior of the vehicle. True?

COBBCITY

Buick Newbie
Buick
You really worry that much about what people say???
Actually NO. I realize the way I worded my post it sounds as if I wish to alter the vehicle BECAUSE of the feedback. I AGREE. It struck me about the car when I first looked at it and am surprised that I getting the same unprompted feedback from so many others.

I wish there was a way to change them. For me, not the public.

alpet

Cranston, RI
2012 Crystal Red Verano - window tint - lip spoiler
I like the look--it's distictive---there are so many car rear ends that look alike these days, I'm happy to have something different.

The chrome matches the side and front end to the Verano...it balances the car.

Sounds like the person is jealous of your car.

verano4u

2019 Sportback
Now this is going to sound silly.. but I have to ask.

About 50% of the friends I have shown my new Verano to immediately say "What's up with those chrome eyebrows over the tail lights" with others adding "You need to do something about that". It really bugs people that there are large chrome trim pieces over the red taillights and I can see their point. They are large, they look a bit odd and one would think red, body colored or even black would have been a choice that did not jump out at you when you look at the back of the vehicle.

I am being told I can simply find an "aftermarket replacement" for those pieces in another color that better blends with the exterior of the vehicle. True?
Let's see...they telling you what to do about the things they don't like about your car.

Seriously, it's your car and why would you care about what others think about your ride. You bought it because you liked it and you were excited to show your new car to your friends. All they do is criticize it. You did not by it for your friends (if that's what you still want to call them).......and what do they drive?

I have an idea, tell them where to go.

mercurio

Dallas, TX
2012 Buick Verano
Theoretically, if you wanted to tone them down, could he use plastidip?

You would probably want to remove the tail light assembly. The chrome pieces are part of the whole assembly, so you'd have to remove the whole thing. Then you would want to try to cover the tail light part with tape, and spray the chrome part of it.

Would that work?

2k2cse

Newfoundland, Canada
2007 Buick Allure (LaCrosse)
Theoretically, if you wanted to tone them down, could he use plastidip?

You would probably want to remove the tail light assembly. The chrome pieces are part of the whole assembly, so you'd have to remove the whole thing. Then you would want to try to cover the tail light part with tape, and spray the chrome part of it.

Would that work?
It's not necessary to remove them. Just tape off around the chrome, about half an inch away, spray 3 or 4 coats, remove tape, and peel the excess plasti dip. As long as there's a break between the plasti dip and the the chrome, it will come off clean. A knife may be needed to cut the plasti dip if it starts to come off the chrome.

mercurio

Dallas, TX
2012 Buick Verano
It's not necessary to remove them. Just tape off around the chrome, about half an inch away, spray 3 or 4 coats, remove tape, and peel the excess plasti dip. As long as there's a break between the plasti dip and the the chrome, it will come off clean. A knife may be needed to cut the plasti dip if it starts to come off the chrome.
I ordered some plastidip tonight as proof of concept. Let me check both ways, I'm a bit worried about how the chrome piece fits inside the other body panel and getting that one covered.

Expect a DIY shortly.

Carleen

Buick
it's better then a lot of cars I see on the road that have the one strip that goes across the top of the lights, or as I called them " unibrows" I think your friends are jealous. Carleen

mmadden2

Northern VA
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
I'm all for trying something new, but if it looks ghetto, remove it. That's too new and classy a car to be driving around looking like a pep boys machine.

alpet

Cranston, RI
2012 Crystal Red Verano - window tint - lip spoiler
I'm all for trying something new, but if it looks ghetto, remove it. That's too new and classy a car to be driving around looking like a pep boys machine.

I totally agree...you guys are a little whacko to even THINK about doing this! :eek:

mercurio

Dallas, TX
2012 Buick Verano
I got the brows done, but my plastidip started bubbling on the first coat so I rolled it back before I dried. I have photos for a DIY, but it seems silly putting it up without showing the finished product.

jimmyh

Floating like a Buick
Chicagoland
15 Enclave, 16 Verano Turbo, 2010 Camaro SS
I am not a big fan of them either. Of course, I don't like chrome much. I may wind up painting them body color, and blacking out the chrome around the windows.

But then, how much time do you spend looking at the exterior of your car?

Turbo Buick Badge