Verano issue

Djdennist

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
My 2014 Verano starting knocking like a rod knock and also a tapping noise. Won’t stay running. It was fine and then started all of the sudden. I got 5 error codes via my Hum. Very frustrating. The oil level is good. I don’t understand why it would go all of the sudden. I am replacing the knock sensor, which shows these symptoms when it goes bad. It is code P0324. I had to order the part, so I will find out when it comes in.

I Googled it: Knock Sensor. ... When knocking is detected, the engine's computer can retard the spark plug timing to prevent it. In the event of knock sensor failure, the driver may experience audible knocking or pinging and/or diminished acceleration, which is sometimes accompanied by decreased gas mileage.

Djdennist

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
What were the other OBD codes ?

What engine ? 2.4 or 2.0 ?
P0089-fuel pressure regulator 1 performance, P228D - fuel pressure regulator 1 exceeded control limits, P0017 - crankshaft position camshaft position correlation, P0016 - crankshaft position camshaft position correlation

Djdennist

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
P0089-fuel pressure regulator 1 performance, P228D - fuel pressure regulator 1 exceeded control limits, P0017 - crankshaft position camshaft position correlation, P0016 - crankshaft position camshaft position correlation
2.4 liter