Verano Turbo - K&N Typhoon Air Intake

shawngw

Canada
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano Turbo 6spd Manual
K&N finally made an air intake for the '14-'16 Verano Turbo, K&N 69-4536TS. I just installed it on my '13, replacing the stock airbox and K&N drop-in filter. Sounds very aggressive, pretty loud outside and even on the inside, much louder than expected. Sounds almost lika a vacuum cleaner haha
File_000.jpg
Engine bay needs a clean I know

Here is the sound difference
[video=youtube_share;oXFjrNyS8Mc]https://youtu.be/oXFjrNyS8Mc[/video]
[video=youtube_share;04KSiC7pYYs]https://youtu.be/04KSiC7pYYs[/video]

someone else

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks so much for proving this fits the 2013 Verano and not only the 2014-2016 models as they claim on their website!

They will only add the 2013 model if someone lends them their car to test for research and development.

Sign this form guys! https://www.knfilters.com/register/products_needed.aspx?yr=2013&mk=BUICK&md=Verano&en=2.0L

They are located in Riverside, California, btw. If anyone here is able to lend their 2013 Verano T for testing..

As of right now, I have 2 years left on my Powertrain warranty, I am worried that I would void it if anything happens to the engine/tranny and they that K&N intake under there.. (dealer's are weird).

shawngw

Canada
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano Turbo 6spd Manual
It seems like the throttle reponse is a bit better, but I have the impression I lose a bit of boost during gear changes, can't tell for sure though. As for gas mileage, I can only say I got 6.5L/100 km on the highway for a 5 hour drive, pretty good, seems lower than my average, time will tell. I have a stock tune, I would be curious to see the benefits on a BNR tune. I'm just waiting for the next sale to buy it.

Be warned though, this thing is LOUD!! A head turner for sure, not for those who wish to be subtle. I was expecting a bit of a rumble with the intake, a bit like my friend gets from his K&N typhoon on his Lancer, but this thing just amplifies the sound of the turbo and you can really hear the blow-off when you let off the throttle. Really sounds like a vaccum cleaner, even from the inside. You can hear it clearly at low RPMs and as soon as you touch the gas pedal, even when you give it gas in 6th at highway speeds. I can only imagine this sound being even louder with a tune due to increased boost.

I wish I had a quality microphone to record the sound.

When I asked my dealer if an intake would cause an issue with my warranty a few years back they said is was no problem. Depends on the dealer I guess.

I'm in Canada so no reasearch and development for me.

MJ's V

Chicago
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano Turbo 6AT
Ok, thanks! That's sounds about right from my experience with K&N air filters and CAI's.

KShef

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
99 Park Avenue Ultra turbo, 16 Verano T
Just installed this on my new Verano...definitely louder than expected. Blow off valve is very noticeable even with little throttle.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!