• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

VibeMike87

VibeMike87

Buick Ownership
Buick
My 2003 AWD Pontiac Vibe is approaching 200,000miles--problem free for the most part--and I will be in the market for a new car real soon.

I am quite impressed with the Buick Encore! And I like it because it is the closest vehicle I have found to the Vibe.

Anyone out there make the move from Vibe to Encore?

I love the AWD Vibe but I like the FWD on the Encore due to the higher MPG.

Last edited:

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
Not to knock the FWD Encore guys, but the only reason I bought the Encore was for the AWD – otherwise we would have just bought another Sonic :)

rayski

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I traded in my 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT for my 2013 FWD Premium trim Buick Encore. The Vibe had more HP and was a little larger in trunk and storage space, however the Buick Encore is so much quieter, has such a smooth ride, the paint is beautiful, and the interior looks so much nicer, etc. that I am very happy with the move. I live in the Buffalo, New York area and my Vibe GT was excellent in the snow. I stayed with the FWD for the better MPG and hope that when winter arrives it will be as good as the Vibe in the snow.

gralm

San Diego, CA
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore Base, Cocao Metallic
We had 2003 Vibe base. Loved the car and handed it down to our daughter. Got Base Encore instead mostly because it provides utility similar to Vibe.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
If you are like me who spends most of the time above 37 mph the rear axle is magnetically unattached progressively from a stop on the AWD. So gas mileage doesn't suffer much. Also Car & Driver had slightly better handling results with the AWD because of the weight distribution.