Vibration at high and low speeds

Rik

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne
Hello guys,

For the last 2 mths I've been looking for a possible solution on my 2006 lucerne. At high and low speeds, especially high I feel a strong vibration in the front seats-mostly on the driver side and throughout the steering wheel and column. I've repaired a bent front wheel (driver side)- then eventually changing that with a new one. I've had all the wheels rebalanced and yet the problem won't go away. Any ideas? or maybe someone has experienced this with their Buick.

Thanks.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Depending on how the wheel got bent and how badly which may have had other items that were damaged or out of alignment. No milage, vehicle history or engine info it could be a few things, hub bearings, struts, sway bar links, control arms. Motor or transmission mounts might be a possibility, but it would also have a thump noise at some point while driving.

Rotate the tires and see if the problem is still felt, if so it's something that maybe needs inspection on the front end suspension components, by you or a qualified shop. If not it's a tire or wheel.

Rik

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne
Depending on how the wheel got bent and how badly which may have had other items that were damaged or out of alignment. No milage, vehicle history or engine info it could be a few things, hub bearings, struts, sway bar links, control arms. Motor or transmission mounts might be a possibility, but it would also have a thump noise at some point while driving.

Rotate the tires and see if the problem is still felt, if so it's something that maybe needs inspection on the front end suspension components, by you or a qualified shop. If not it's a tire or wheel.
66k miles..3.8 engine....regular maintenance... I removed the wheel that was straightened with a brand new wheel and the vibration is still there. Struts new...sway bar end links new...control arms fairly new....rotor and brakes new.
Thanks, I will take it to the shop for a full inspection.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
With all the new items and low mileage it could be the tires if they were not Hunter Road Force balanced, Lucerne's had issues with certain tire manufacturers in the beginning and that was the last step before replacement with another manufacturer. The shop should be able to tell if a mechanical component the CV or hub but with out being on site it's listing the usual suspects.

Rik

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne
With all the new items and low mileage it could be the tires if they were not Hunter Road Force balanced, Lucerne's had issues with certain tire manufacturers in the beginning and that was the last step before replacement with another manufacturer. The shop should be able to tell if a mechanical component the CV or hub but with out being on site it's listing the usual suspects.
Oh okay...thank you.