• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Vibration

How many of you have rear end vibration problems

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MMKRegalTX

Pittsburgh, PA
Regal TourX
I have a family member that works at a smaller Chevy dealer look at my car. I went to Wright Buick in Wexford one time and that was the last time due to abysmal service. I would probably go to one of the Cadillac dealers if I didn't have my family member. Cadillac customers are a lot less tolerant of issues so the techs are used to finding odd issues.
I think I might switch. I got my car at oliviero and they serviced it once (oil change, tire rotation, and control and) and that's when this all started. I think took it to Cochran buick in Robinson and they found nothing. I live in the city so I can really get to any dealer quickly. I will look into taking it to a Cadillac dealer, thanks for the tip.

floydwaters

2018 Regal TourX Essence
Just came from dealer this morning. Had the tech do a ride-along and got him to recognize the vibration in the car. I had the wheel balance just previously which helped the low speed shake but high speed was still there. High speed shake came from the bottom of the seats so much you could see the passenger seat vibrate at speed (75-85mph)

Rubber encased bearings (?) on the driveshaft to the rear are shot and also ruined the seal on my rear diff. Axle going to take a week to get but can't find rear seal for diff anywhere:(

Least it explains the vibration...even the tech said 20k those shouldn't be like that.

Hope that helps some one.

j

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
19 Regal TourX Essence
Just came from dealer this morning. Had the tech do a ride-along and got him to recognize the vibration in the car. I had the wheel balance just previously which helped the low speed shake but high speed was still there. High speed shake came from the bottom of the seats so much you could see the passenger seat vibrate at speed (75-85mph)

Rubber encased bearings (?) on the driveshaft to the rear are shot and also ruined the seal on my rear diff. Axle going to take a week to get but can't find rear seal for diff anywhere:(

Least it explains the vibration...even the tech said 20k those shouldn't be like that.

Hope that helps some one.

j
Ugg, this sounds like what I'm experiencing. A shake at high speeds only. Did you have any shaking in the gas pedal too? Also, do you know if the driveshaft was bad or the axel shaft(s)?

This also furthers my concern for obtaining parts for this car. GM is really bad about that as a whole, and it doesn't help that the parts for this car have to come from Opel. It's a shame because I really love this car but it doesn't seem feasible to keep it for 10 years like I had planned on.

floydwaters

2018 Regal TourX Essence
They stated the bearings on the drive shaft though I mentioned that someone else had possible axle shaft issues. I did not feel it through the pedal but honestly don't know if would/ could notice that unless it was pretty bad. The vibration definitely came from below and would shake through seats and console not the steering wheel.

Because of the bad bearings and the vibration it also has damaged the rear seal for the diff and that's the part I"m waiting on. I love the car (meh on the tranny) but I knew that getting this would be a problem for parts. I'm waiting on a new sunshade for the sunroof because that kinked and crinkled up like a ruffles potato chip. Least I have a wagon since I learned from the tech today that when they drop the headliner to do the work they won't need to take out my rear window to remove it, just out the hatch:)

I haven't had a GM car since my 83 Camaro over 20 years ago. Hopefully this car doesn't make me regret getting in bed with GM again (even if Opel is the child they spurned to PSA)

I'll post how I make out.

Thanks.

j

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
19 Regal TourX Essence
I had Discount Tire roadforce balance my tires this morning. They found the rear tires were 2 and 1.5 ounces out of spec. I haven't driven the car on the road yet to confirm the fix.

Ben Daigneault

2019 Regal GS
I had Discount Tire roadforce balance my tires this morning. They found the rear tires were 2 and 1.5 ounces out of spec. I haven't driven the car on the road yet to confirm the fix.
I going crazy, that cannot be the tires for all of us 😡😡😡😡😡. Forced balance seems to be their fix but the problem is at another place.

i have a tire replaced because they say that it was deformed, a new tire !!!!! After the tire installed, vibration still there! They just don’t know where to look to found the real problem

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
19 Regal TourX Essence
I going crazy, that cannot be the tires for all of us 😡😡😡😡😡. Forced balance seems to be their fix but the problem is at another place.

i have a tire replaced because they say that it was deformed, a new tire !!!!! After the tire installed, vibration still there! They just don’t know where to look to found the real problem
I'd be suspicious of the factory Conti-Silent tires with foam lining. I have seen numerous posts about the foam inside the tire falling apart. With these tires it doesn't matter how many times you balance them because the second the foam moves, they are out of balance. I'm not sure who came up with that silly design.

Regular tires with Hunter roadforce numbers under 15 pounds with good balancing shouldn't see any vibration. Roadforce is important because I've seen tires that balanced well, but still had vibrations on the highway.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!