• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Vibration

How many of you have rear end vibration problems

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wlepse

NNJ
2018 Regal TourX Essence
No wonder why American cars sales declines year after year. This service is really bad and the honesty....no way! Never again. But I’m not done with them.
I can tell you that I my experience you are better off walking away. I had a ton of issues with my wife's truck early on and spent way too much time at dealerships and dealing with corporate that in the end the "resolution" was never satisfying. If you are already this upset, you are best to move on. This will sour the car for you and you will likely never be happy. Even if you think you will, you will always be worrying about something else going wrong and wondering how crappy it will be to get them to fix it.

But I get where you are coming from...I think I am a bit like you...if you are sure you're right you will fight like hell. Unfortunately domestic cars seem to have more issues with the dealer/mfg relationship than others. With the Ford we spent most of our time with them pointing their fingers at each other. Dealer says they can't do work unless mfg authorizes and mfg says they can't control dealers since they are independent.

Just one example of many, I complained of a rear end clunk. Dealer can't reproduce and sends me home. So I crawl under only to find oil puking out the vent. I call dealer back and ask why if I complained about a rear end clunk they wouldn't even do a visual check and said they can't since Ford won't authorize the time if they can't duplicate the concern. I then called Ford and was told that is nonsense and that I should try another dealer. Four dealers later some of the concerns were addressed. The benefit Ford had is a huge dealer network, Buick not so much.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

floydwaters

2018 Regal TourX Essence
I guess I'm in a lucky spot then. I've had no issues with my dealer; no fighting to get issues handled or anything. I've dealt with Mazda and Subaru dealers along with Ford but so far my Buick dealer has been attentive and responsive to whatever has gone on. I'm hoping what they are fixing handles my issues but so far it's been no worries. I think regardless of brand dealer service departments are hit or miss and that's the "dealership experience" world that we live in. If you aren't satisfied, it's worth the extra time to find another dealer (if you can). I live in a congested area so I have several choices available. Buddy of mine has a Tesla and he had nothing but problems at one service center; went to the other in the area and they are top notch. All comes down to who is working on the cars and management caring whether they have top notch personnel or not.

Ben Daigneault

2019 Regal GS
Thanks guys so your comments and story. Today I drove on a brand re-asphalted highway, brand new the exact same that they did the road test. I can feel like I’m driving on a flat tire!! Not completely flat but like a tire is missing air pressure. It’s so evident to ear/feel. Anyway tomorrow I’ll take an appointment at another dealer and I won’t tell them that I went to another dealer. Stay tuned!!

Thanks again for your empathy 👍

Regal LTD Coupe

1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (& 1990 Lincoln LSC SE)
Thanks guys so your comments and story. Today I drove on a brand re-asphalted highway, brand new the exact same that they did the road test. I can feel like I’m driving on a flat tire!! Not completely flat but like a tire is missing air pressure. It’s so evident to ear/feel. Anyway tomorrow I’ll take an appointment at another dealer and I won’t tell them that I went to another dealer. Stay tuned!!

Thanks again for your empathy 👍
I would say keep trying until you find a good dealer. There's a few dealers around I won't even visit anymore and a few others that are quite good, all within a 100 mile radius. The problem with your specific model is that it's built overseas and they deal with so few of them in the shop. It may just be that once they figure out what specifically is wrong with your car that on subsequent cars of the same model they'll immediately be able to pinpoint the problem should someone come in with similar complaints, since they'll have then done it before. Perhaps look for a Cadillac dealer as already suggested or one that specifically sells Buicks and has for a long time.

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
19 Regal TourX Essence
I took my wagon for a 2 hour trip today. The PureContact LS tires don't seem to have any vibration at 75, and they feel much more planted on the road. The difference in the steering feel alone is amazing over the ExtremeContacts. That said, something relating to the car is causing vibration at speeds higher than normally driven on the interstate. I'm not sure I'm going to do anything more because I'm satisfied with the results.

Ben Daigneault

2019 Regal GS
Ok, i received a call from the second dealer that I choose for a second opinion and so far, one of two issues has been determined. I was explaining that while braking and near a complet stop, it’s like the car is not breaking for a fraction of second like brake system is giving up! First dealer didn’t found anything, they just said that is normal!! No way!!! So second dealer’s pointing the transmission, I’ll have more details by tomorrow since this is a preliminary diagnostic. My second issue was the vibration, like unbalanced wheel. It could be also cause by the transmission. At least, they admit that there’s a problem. I wish that they found all the issues and repaired them. After, I’ll go to the first dealer and I will put the report in their face!! Stay tuned

bornmw

n/a
hopefully both symptoms are caused by one transmission

question: when you got the car did you test drive it? if yes I wonder if it would be a reason to break the deal

TourXphile

Regal TourX
I just wanted to chime in about vibration issues that I had with my TourX. Between 70-80 MPH I had vibration issues develop thru the steering wheel, floor and drivers seat at around 4000 miles. I thought no biggie it could been the road/highway or tires. I'll have it checked at my oil change at 5k.

I take it to the dealer and they found that my front right passenger tire had a roadforce balance issue. There was unevenness so they rotated that tire to the rear and the vibration was not as pronounced as before. They ordered me a new tire to replace the uneven one at no charge. Hopefully that will completely remedy the issue.

Ben Daigneault

2019 Regal GS
I just wanted to chime in about vibration issues that I had with my TourX. Between 70-80 MPH I had vibration issues develop thru the steering wheel, floor and drivers seat at around 4000 miles. I thought no biggie it could been the road/highway or tires. I'll have it checked at my oil change at 5k.

I take it to the dealer and they found that my front right passenger tire had a roadforce balance issue. There was unevenness so they rotated that tire to the rear and the vibration was not as pronounced as before. They ordered me a new tire to replace the uneven one at no charge. Hopefully that will completely remedy the issue.
I went through that also, they said that a tire was deformed. On the dealer report, it is written that “based” on the road force balancing results, it is a tire deformation. But that’s bullshit because I have that vibration with my winter tires on the same rims different tire brand. I told the first dealer that the tire is not the problem. They changed that tire anyway. Problem still there! No surprise!! After tire replacement, they said no vibration anymore !! Bullshit again and that’s why I switched dealer’s.

MMKRegalTX

Pittsburgh, PA
Regal TourX

I was hoping this was my issue. I got new tires off a different brand without the foam and I still have the vibration.

fng

Delaware Ohio
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
How did that go?
I joined to figure out if TourX is the right car for me, and honestly seeing 21% owners having to deal with vibrations doesn't look promising...
I'm not sure where the number 21% came from, but keep in mind that most owners of cars like the various Regal models don't participate in car discussion forums; however, a high percentage of the owners who encounter problems join in the discussions, both to seek advice and to vent.

Ben Daigneault

2019 Regal GS
Today this morning, I did a road test with the dealer’s transmission expert. So he connected different equipments like OBD scanner, vibrations scanner etc. I drove he was sitting next to me. On the road at 50 mph I asked if he was feeling the vib and the sons like unbalanced wheel. He said no but I can see it on my computer. He saw an error code “T1” if I remember. That code say that the sensor feels an abnormal vibration from a wheel but not telling which one. The code explanation was;
Unbalanced wheel, not a round wheel, bad wheel bearing or axle. I was happy that finally i got my point !!!! So tech said that he will start from scratch à to z to isolate the problem.
Results to follow!!

MMKRegalTX

Pittsburgh, PA
Regal TourX
Today this morning, I did a road test with the dealer’s transmission expert. So he connected different equipments like OBD scanner, vibrations scanner etc. I drove he was sitting next to me. On the road at 50 mph I asked if he was feeling the vib and the sons like unbalanced wheel. He said no but I can see it on my computer. He saw an error code “T1” if I remember. That code say that the sensor feels an abnormal vibration from a wheel but not telling which one. The code explanation was;
Unbalanced wheel, not a round wheel, bad wheel bearing or axle. I was happy that finally i got my point !!!! So tech said that he will start from scratch à to z to isolate the problem.
Results to follow!!
You are motivating me to go back, get a tech in the car with me and do the same. I would love this so be done with.

Ben Daigneault

2019 Regal GS
You are motivating me to go back, get a tech in the car with me and do the same. I would love this so be done with.
I’m glad that he did that, I knew that I’m not crazy....maybe a bit but I know when a car is not working properly! I drove so many used cars that I went thru all kind of issues, noises, vibrations etc. I almost asked the dealer to let me do the road test with their older mechanic guy 😁. I’ll asked him to provide a copy of the printout of the code and explanation to shared here.

Amct15

2020 Regal GS
Results to follow!!
That's the key. Getting the tech to use test equipment to locate the vibration, rather than taking educated guesses at the source of the problem. Hopefully it will be easier to pinpoint the location of the vibration.

Once similar equipment was hooked up to my car, they were able to find the problem!

Hope this works for you.

Keep us informed.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!