• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Vibrations in cabin when in drive but stopped

afireinside7710

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS AWD
2014 GS AWD

While in Drive and stopped, I feel a constant noticeable vibration in my seat/interior. It isn't violent or teeth chattering by any means, but the vibration is more pronounced/heightened while in Drive and stopped. While in Park, Reverse, or Neutral, the in cabin vibrations are little to none. I have not noticed any misfires or any issues actually driving the car.

Not sure if its a mount, spark plugs, me being overly sensitive, or what.

Also not sure if it has anything to do with the car wanting to 'lurch' forward when shifting to drive from a cold start (unless I sit in Park for 30-45 seconds before shifting into drive).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I always wait until my tach has gone down to 7-800 RPM before putting the car in gear in either drive or reverse. That prevents the lurch you mentioned.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
I noticed the same vibration at idle in drive and the dealer said it's normal for a small 4 cylinder motor.

Pedal Commander