Washing My Buick

Faith9

Buick Ownership
Encore
My manual states that I should not wash the Buick by going through the car wash. Doing so may damage it by the water pressure hitting the front grill and getting water in it I have been rinsing and wiping dry. What’s the best car washing method and products to use.

Thank you

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Wash it in the shade. I like Turtle Wax Zip car wash. Dry it off with a chamois. If the car is older buy a light turtle wax rubbing compound in the green can. Rub that in let it dry rub it off. Then apply a car wax. Zmol. Myquiars. If the paint is good do not use the rubbing compound. Just a wax that says safe for clear coats. If the paint is super and water beads while washing dry it off and do nothing. Go to YouTube and look up Chris Fix on how to detail a car. Chris Fix is good!!

Faith9

Buick Ownership
Encore
Wash it in the shade. I like Turtle Wax Zip car wash. Dry it off with a chamois. If the car is older buy a light turtle wax rubbing compound in the green can. Rub that in let it dry rub it off. Then apply a car wax. Zmol. Myquiars. If the paint is good do not use the rubbing compound. Just a wax that says safe for clear coats. If the paint is super and water beads while washing dry it off and do nothing. Go to YouTube and look up Chris Fix on how to detail a car. Chris Fix is good!!
Thank you

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
My manual states that I should not wash the Buick by going through the car wash. Doing so may damage it by the water pressure hitting the front grill and getting water in it I have been rinsing and wiping dry. What’s the best car washing method and products to use.

Thank you
I would think there is a hand car wash shop where you live where the employees do the washing by hand. I have had my 2000 Buick Century through an automated car wash a few times with no problems. GM might be just a little cautious?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
No reference to what year your Encore is, but the 2020 owner manual has precautionary notes on PSI along with other items to be mindful like engine bay area, electronics, etc. Quote from the manual "If using an automatic car wash,
follow the car wash instructions. The windshield wiper and rear window wiper, if equipped, must be off. Remove any accessories that may
be damaged or interfere with the car wash equipment." But it doesn't state not to use a car wash.

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
No reference to what year your Encore is, but the 2020 owner manual has precautionary notes on PSI along with other items to be mindful like engine bay area, electronics, etc. Quote from the manual "If using an automatic car wash,
follow the car wash instructions. The windshield wiper and rear window wiper, if equipped, must be off. Remove any accessories that may
be damaged or interfere with the car wash equipment." But it doesn't state not to use a car wash.
Sounds logical.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
After much digging FAITH9 has a 2018.
Page 267 of owners manual covers exterior maintenance and it even has a sentence starting with "If using automatic car wash" so can not find any reference to dont use an automatic car wash.

Faith9

Buick Ownership
Encore
After much digging FAITH9 has a 2018.
Page 267 of owners manual covers exterior maintenance and it even has a sentence starting with "If using automatic car wash" so can not find any reference to dont use an automatic car wash.
Thank you

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
When I don't have time to hand wash or in the cold weather, we've taken it to the car wash. Occasionally one with brushes because it's faster. More often the "laser wash", which is touchless. We haven't had any issues.

Faith9

Buick Ownership
Encore
I drive a 2018. Thank you.

Midgeman

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Encore

Thank you
YouTube is your answer, enter 'Autodetailing' for the search. I'm an old veteran, but I have learned tons about washing, ceramic waxes and sealants.

Faith9

Buick Ownership
Encore
YouTube is your answer, enter 'Autodetailing' for the search. I'm an old veteran, but I have learned tons about washing, ceramic waxes and sealants.
Yes!! Thank you

jamyang

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore Sport
I don't have the ability to hand wash my car at home. I do have a small garage separate from the apt, I won't park in line outside my door, my a$$hole neighbors don't care about your door dings, they beat the shit out of the sides of the Aurora I traded in. I'll go through the touch-less auto wash if I can't get out and spray it off myself. I usually wash it there (less than a mile) drive it home and dry it off here. I can work on bugs etc at my pace. I do more dusting off than anything else. I live in farm country and even with the door closed, my car gets very dusty from the fields around here. I've polished it once this year and even though the water still beads I'll probably do it again before real cold weather sets in. I used to be able to completely detail a car in a day. Not any more old man, It's now at least a two day process with lots of breaks in between. I can't imagine having to rub a car out and wax it these days.

Rcflyer2

Buick Ownership
Encore Premium AWD
When I wash by hand I use requires car soap and use a soft brush on a handle makes it so much easier. Then I rinse and while wet spray on requires spray wax. Then rinse again and the water rolls off. I then use my electric leaf blower and the car comes out spotless. After washing it this way it seems to stay waterproof longer.

Rcflyer2

Buick Ownership
Encore Premium AWD
When I wash by hand I use requires car soap and use a soft brush on a handle makes it so much easier. Then I rinse and while wet spray on requires spray wax. Then rinse again and the water rolls off. I then use my electric leaf blower and the car comes out spotless. After washing it this way it seems to stay waterproof longer.
Should read mequires auto incorrect changed it

jamyang

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore Sport
The way I understand it, in some car washes as it blow through the grille a strong one can get past the seal at the radiator support and get the electronics damp that are by the battery, additionally underbody spray could have a similar effect, setting a code or possibly worse. Happy Motoring.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!