Water in fuel filler pipe

Gramps

Niagara, Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore Essence
I have 2018 Encore Essence 4wd with the capless fuel tank. When it rains, I opened the fuel filler door and there is water sitting in the filler neck at the valve that is closed. If I push the fuel pump nozzle in, to fill the tank with fuel, the water will go down into the fuel tank. In cold areas, this could cause performance problems. I am going to phone GM customer care tomorrow and find out what is being done to rectify this problem

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
did you check the back of the fuel filler door to see if there is a rubber seal that is missing or damaged?

Gramps

Niagara, Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore Essence
No. I did not see a rubber seal on the filler door. That was one of the things I looked at first if there was a seal there. I am going to the dealer tomorrow and check another encore. Then go from there. I phoned GM customer care and they did not know.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
When I was supervising a Toyota and Honda mfg supplier on a QC inspection a couple of years ago they were just starting with the cap-less fuel fillers. From my understanding there was not going to be anything else, just open the fuel door and push the gas nozzle in. Wasn't crazy about the concept as it looks like a wear items for 2nd or 3rd owners will probably have to deal with.

One the plus side no more forgotten gas caps left on the pump lol