Water Leaks Should Be No More!

Blu05

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lacrosse
Hello my fellow buick enthusiasts, my water leak issue during downpours and steady rain should be eliminated for good! I went ahead and bought weatherstrippping in great shape for my drivers front door, it fit like a glove! Now here's the tricky part: I realized that after relentlessly replacing seal after seal that it was NOT the rubber itself that was bad. The door striker plate needed minimal adjustment but boy this was a tedious job. I managed to get it loosened enough and i gently slid it inwards by maybe a few millimeters, tightened it down, i also checked the door for proper alignment and that it was nearly flush with the rear door, lol i did my best and with keen eyes i got it as good as i could! It took awhile of just moving the striker plate around some, then i closed the door, feeling for air tightness and at last i did a water leak test. I poured a pitcher of water directly over the door and let run down the edges and i opened the door to see virtually no water traces at all! The real test is when we get a nice heavy rain and that'll determine if it will stay dry inside! I'll keep you guys posted on my findings!