• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

We Are Not The Only Ones.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Friend of mine has a 2020 Kia Telluride. Decided I’d check the Telluride and Hyundai Palisade forums. (Basically the same SUV and I hate SUV’s).
(I see more of them on the road than I see Tour-X or Sportback).

Of all the problems owners have, the vast majority are Technology Problems, mostly Audio not working. (Sound familiar?)
I see some that make me thankful
I only have audio presets graying out, even though I have the latest 22.9 update.

I guess all manufacturers have these problems. Has to be driving dealer service departments crazy.

(Lucky my two Sonatas don’t have these problems. - although my former Genesis V8 did have an audio problem that would get corrected at the next start up reboot).

Ahhhhh - Technology!!!!!!!

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I know some of our members are what I call "keepers" - guys who are in it for the long haul in ownership. But the rate of technology add on in all areas of the vehicle from mechanical to infotainment to safety has me thinking that we're in an era where the best thing to do is once the loan is paid and the warranty is run out, take your trade in and move on to the next new car.

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat
@Ctrcbob is right on the money. Yes the GM Infotainment system has a few bugs but I'm not sure what other manufactures have a flawless system. In our family fleet we have the Tourx, Toyota Sienna, Ford C-Maxx, and Subaru Legacy. I rank their respective infotainment systems as:
  1. Tourx (GM IntelliLink) (by far #1 due to Carplay and Android Auto)
  2. Ford C-Maxx (MyFordTouch Sync) (the first version - not Sync 3)
  3. Toyota Entune
  4. Subaru - bare bones AM FM CD. no XM, or NAV, or Bluetooth.
The Ford Cmaxx is an interesting case. When it was released in 2013 MyFordTouch was riddled with bugs. So many that Consumer Reports said it was the most unreliable car in 2013. Fast forward 6 years and Ford has released so many updates that in 2019 it works well - its voice commands are more sophisticated than our Tourx (meaning you can control climate with voice in addition to nav and audio).

The Toyota Entune is OK not great. Similar to what @Ctrcbob found on the Kia forums, Toyota owners hate Entune - lots of complaints about the nav and phone connections. My wife got a new phone yesterday, and of course Entune did not want to pair properly and has never worked with messages. And no hope of Carplay or Android auto.

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I know some of our members are what I call "keepers" - guys who are in it for the long haul in ownership. But the rate of technology add on in all areas of the vehicle from mechanical to infotainment to safety has me thinking that we're in an era where the best thing to do is once the loan is paid and the warranty is run out, take your trade in and move on to the next new car.
Of course that begs the question, how are the second owners coping with these potential landmines? I guess it's a matter of rolling the dice and crossing your fingers. And the odds are reflected in the trade-in value.

Perhaps it's blind optimism, but for some reason I think that Buick has sorted out the electronics fairly well on these cars.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
The Toyota Entune is OK not great.
I had a rental 2019 RAV4 and the UI of the Toyota infotainment in it was something terrible. Functional for the basics, but it looks like something that's thirty years old. Even my wife, who cares little about these things, thought it was bad. I don't buy a car based on infotainment, but it was not be something I'd want to see and use on a daily basis.

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence Rioja Red Metallic
My other car is a 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary Edition, Mazda's infotainment system really sucks, GM's looks light years ahead.

Discod

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportback
If you ever feel bad about ours, read the complaints on Edmunds about the Toyota Camry’s system. That was initially the car I planNed to get, until I read the reviews. Made me feel lucky!

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence Roja Red
The Toyota infotainment systems on my 2013, 2015 and 2017 Toyotas worked better than my current Buick system, hands down. They were alot less cludgy, things didn't dissapear, settings didn't change, soft buttons didn't change locations, navigation screens didn't have a mind of their own. Chimes chimed when they were supposed to. My memory seat worked all the time to my key, not my wifes when I was in the drivers seat. However, I've gotten used to it all, it's still the best driving car I've ever owned.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
The Navi system in my 2007 Lincoln MKZ used a disc. When I wanted to update the maps, i phoned mapqest, paid them and they sent me the latest map update..worked great.

Never had radio trouble, or phone problems

My 2010 SHO and my 2011 MKZ used SYNC A few problems but could not have been too bad as I really can't remember.

Worse modern day car I've ever had was my 2017 Contenental. Don't remember how the SYNC was because of all the other problems that kept my mind occupied.

Discod

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportback
The Toyota infotainment systems on my 2013, 2015 and 2017 Toyotas worked better than my current Buick system, hands down. They were alot less cludgy, things didn't dissapear, settings didn't change, soft buttons didn't change locations, navigation screens didn't have a mind of their own. Chimes chimed when they were supposed to. My memory seat worked all the time to my key, not my wifes when I was in the drivers seat. However, I've gotten used to it all, it's still the best driving car I've ever owned.
i‘m talking about the 2019 Camry model year only. Even prior owners were shocked by how awful the new system is. Sounds like you had great experiences with the prior years, as did I 🙂

Pedal Commander