• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

We Must be Making Bad Foot Moves

chiefleaf

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Lots of frustration with "foot" opening of our TourX liftgate. Have re-read the owner's manual on this topic and we still must not be doing it right! Driver 1 key fob in my sweeties purse (on her shoulder), standing near back of car (at the center) and moving foot over Buick logo projected on ground ... sometimes it works; most times not. Can anyone help us?

Toppa

MN
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Are you kicking straight forward at the car? Had a dealer rep tell me it didn't like side-to-side foot swipes. I can usually get it on the first try with a single kick forward over the logo.

VTSummit

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Place foot at illuminated logo, raise foot 4" above pavement, hold knee stationary and kick forward and back flexing at the knee only in one relatively swift motion. Works 100% of the time once you get it. No side to side, no hesitation- just under and back in one motion.

Ultima1987

I'll try all of this, but the swipe from the logo to the left seems to be the most consistent for me. Daylight seems to be when it really struggles. Overall a great feature with less than stellar execution. The "kick" never seems to work for me.

wi_badger

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick
Personally I was kicking too far under the car and it never worked. Was hitting the bottom of the bumper with my shin. Now that I almost kick the bottom of the bumper (with toes pointed up on the upswing of the kick) it works more reliably.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Place foot at illuminated logo, raise foot 4" above pavement, hold knee stationary and kick forward and back flexing at the knee only in one relatively swift motion. Works 100% of the time once you get it. No side to side, no hesitation- just under and back in one motion.
Sounds very picky, but I guess your getting a little exercise doing the Watusi..
My manual hatch is building up my right arm, because you have to pull down pretty hard to make it latch in one motion..since I do not like to push on hatch from outside.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
EXACTLY this! I had a little trouble at first too. I do it just as VTSummit described, once I found what worked and it works 100%.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
I had the same issue when I first got my Tour X. I finally realized that I needed to step back after "the kick" and then the liftgate would open every time. I also discovered that the key should be away from the vehicle when I'm washing and drying the car or the power lift gate will unexpectedly open (there is a warning about that in the manual...)

mooooo

Buick Ownership
tourx
The spot I need to kick is aligned with the left edge of the license plate. The logo is pointed closer to the center of the plate, too far right. If I kick the logo, it doesn’t work.

JenkkiMike

I haven't been able to successfully get the lift gate to open using the foot motion. Not even once.

BobsTourX

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Why does my owner's manual state: You put your left foot in, you pull your left foot out, you put your left foot in and shake it all about..."

jclin4

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
It helps if you played soccer in your youth :)

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I haven't been able to successfully get the lift gate to open using the foot motion. Not even once.
Me either... but seems touch pad always lets me in, if she likes me... and Buick seems to let me in, if it likes me or not.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Me either... but seems touch pad always lets me in, if she likes me... and Buick seems to let me in, if it likes me or not.
I have the preferred model and owners manual just said if equipped. Would you believe I had to check thr RPO placard to see if my vehicle had it? I was doing the watusi for nothing. But on a positive note, if I did have the option it might open for me. Since I seemed to sleep thru kindergarden, I may not have the hockey pokey down or some other social skills.