Weather Tech front floor liners available

Thread starter #1
Buick Ownership
Buick
Just a PSA that the Weather Tech floor liners for the driver and passenger are available for the 2018 Regal. No word on availability for the second row or cargo area.

I received mine today and they fit and look great. I do wish the driver side came back slightly further and up the small ridge but that's just my OCD. Otherwise A+ quality as always.

Bimmer

3.8L Member
Humboldt County, CA; or Germany
Buick Ownership
Not yet...
Good to hear. I'm a WeatherTech fan. I think I've bought/had 5 sets in as many vehicles, and all have been better than the other options, based on coverage and fit.

The guys on the Miata forum rave about the MAXpider liners, but I don't think they're available for the TourX...

fng

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
Thanks, that's good to know. A week ago when I ordered mine, only the fronts were available. I do like my pair of front floor liners. A pair for the rear would be good; a cargo liner for the rear of my Sportback would be great.

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Essence | Moon Blue Metallic
I wish they would offer the cargo area soon, in tan.

I don't really WANT to get the black one from GM since I have the shale interior... but I might just have to if I have no other options before winter hits.

washide

Stevensville, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tourx Essence, Smoked Pearl Metallic
For those that have the WeatherTech floor liners, do the edges appear to come up high enough to keep water from leaking onto the carpet? I just purchased a Tourx Essence to replace my 2009 Cadillac CTS which had them front and back. The front ones just didn't come up enough to effectively prevent them from leaking. Which led to salt stains in the winter. Thanks for any feedback!

fng

Buick Ownership
I measured my front Floor Liners; the lip across the rear (nearest the seat) is 1" high. It's only 1" high because the floor only has about a 1" hump across the front of the seat. It tapers to 3-4" inches high up both sides and 6" or more where it goes up the slope at the front.

The Regal has a hanging gas pedal, so the floor liner goes under the pedal and up the front slope of the carpet. This should trap water much better than liners that have to go around a floor-mounted gas pedal. When the liner goes around the pedal, water/snow/salt can run down the pedal and under the liner. With the hanging pedal, water from the gas pedal will drip off the pedal into the floor liner.

Last edited:

washide

Stevensville, MI
Buick Ownership
I measured my front Floor Liners; the lip across the rear (nearest the seat) is 1" high. It's only 1" high because the floor only has about a 1" hump across the front of the seat. It tapers to 3-4" inches high up both sides and 6" or more where it goes up the slope at the front.

The Regal has a hanging gas pedal, so the floor liner goes under the pedal and up the front slope of the carpet. This should trap water much better than liners for a car with a floor-mounted gas pedal that have to go around the gas pedal. When the liner goes around the pedal, water/snow/salt can run down the pedal and under the liner. With the hanging pedal, water from the gas pedal will drip off the pedal into the floor liner.
Thanks so much for going to the trouble of measuring the floor liners! I'll be ordering a set soon.

fng

Buick Ownership
Was the gas pedal on the CTS hinged at the bottom? If so, that's why the floorliner couldn't contain much water: the height at the base of a floor-hinged pedal cannot be much or it interferes with the driver's foot. I had that problem on my VW Sportwagen which had the gas pedal hinged on the floor. Whenever I'd remove the VW rubber floor mat to clean it, there was always a patch of salt and other crud at the base of the pedal.

washide

Stevensville, MI
Buick Ownership
Nope. The gas pedal was hanging just like in my Tourx. The problem with the liners in the CST was that they didn't come up much at all in the area nearest the seat - maybe a quarter inch. On the right toward the center column, the water would find its way onto the carpet quite easily. Sorry if I wasn't more clear earlier. Perhaps it was a manufacturing defect on the ones I had and they should've been higher. That's why I was curious about the ones for the Regals.

fng

Buick Ownership
Did the CTS liners come up as high as the floor of the car did in the area you described? A plastic liner whose rim isn't supported by the sides of the footwell would be rather flimsy. The Regal has about 1" of hump across the back of the floor liner/front of the seat to support the plastic liner's lip.

Good to hear. I'm a WeatherTech fan. I think I've bought/had 5 sets in as many vehicles, and all have been better than the other options, based on coverage and fit.

The guys on the Miata forum rave about the MAXpider liners, but I don't think they're available for the TourX...
I'm liking the Maxpider ones. Not available yet though.

washide

Stevensville, MI
Buick Ownership
Did the CTS liners come up as high as the floor of the car did in the area you described? A plastic liner whose rim isn't supported by the sides of the footwell would be rather flimsy. The Regal has about 1" of hump across the back of the floor liner/front of the seat to support the plastic liner's lip.
The liner didn't come up much at all - perhaps a quarter inch. Which was why I wondered about the ones for the Regal. The front liners for the CTS were pretty rigid and didn't rely on being formed by any contours on the floor. Had the rim come up more, they would've been just about perfect. Now, the rear Weathertech liners definitely required their edges to be supported by the contours of the car's floor as they were quite flimsy. They even tended to fold in toward the center of the liner and weren't near the quality of the front ones.

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Phoned them (800-441-6287) and ordered Fronts (Black) for Tour-X. Did not order rear as rear is one piece, not two piece.

They still have over 140+ black ones in stock.

Gracie615

Normally we buy the Weather Techs too, but we got an offer in the mail from GM giving us a coupon for a discount on Regal accessories. It was enough to get us to pop on the OEM Regal rubber ones. We ordered them through the dealer, and even though they are not quite Weather Techs, they are are "panned" like them and are a nice alternative.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.