Weird electrical issue?

Pei8147

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2004. Today, it was acting like it's possessed. Radio cut off. Few seconds later almost every light on the dash panel came on. I pulled over and restarted the car to see if it would reset/fix the problem. The same stuff repeated. The radio would cut on and off. The brake light stayed on. The service display would flash through all of the different warnings.

Does anyone know what may be the issue? It's a the shop now to be looked at. I just want to prepare myself for the possibilites.

Yes, the car kept running like normal. I only drove it a few miles up the road to a garage after it started acting up.

Thanks!
Will

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

GarryB

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I am having the same issues with my 2003. When the dash goes dead, the windows will not work, the AC quits, radio quits. Fan sometimes will come on (fan only) on high and you can not turn it off.

Francesca

Buick Ownership
2002 Rendevous
I have a 2004. Today, it was acting like it's possessed. Radio cut off. Few seconds later almost every light on the dash panel came on. I pulled over and restarted the car to see if it would reset/fix the problem. The same stuff repeated. The radio would cut on and off. The brake light stayed on. The service display would flash through all of the different warnings.

Does anyone know what may be the issue? It's a the shop now to be looked at. I just want to prepare myself for the possibilites.

Yes, the car kept running like normal. I only drove it a few miles up the road to a garage after it started acting up.

Thanks!
Will
Did you ever find out what caused your problem? I would love to know why it acted like that.

dodgrdagw1

Buick Ownership
rendezvous
Did you ever find out what caused your problem? I would love to know why it acted like that.
did you ever figure it out i have 2004 doing same thing

TollKeeper

Brighton, CO
Buick Ownership
2006 Cadillac Escalade
It could be one of 2 things causing your problem. The cheaper of the 2 repairs, and one that can be done by the user, if he knows what he is doing, is the ignition switch. Make sure to ONLY USE A GM part. It is a common failure for all GM's.

The second repair is a bit more expensive, and thats the BCM. It requires programming, both for the VIN and for the vehicle. Usually a dealer only item because of the programming, but it can be done on the aftermarket if you know what your doing.

Check for codes, if you can, in the computer. Thats where I would start.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners