Weird starting issue on 2002 Buick Regal

ohmybuick

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hey everyone. I just bought a 2002 Buick Regal LS off an auction (great deal BTW) that starts fine the first time around, but after I drive it for a bit, turn it off, and come back out the Regal doesn't want to start. I have to wait about 15 minutes before it fires up again. I did changed the MAF sensor but am still experiencing this problem.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
1. Do you have a check engine light on?
2. Have you done a fuel pressure test, both when cold and when warm, with engine running and after engine is shut off with a few minute wait?

txbarney

Central Texas
Buick Ownership
Buick
Coil packs are a place to look. A common symptom is "goo" coming out to the base of the coil pack...this is the potting compound on the circuit board overheating and flowing out.

artiv1976

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hey everyone. I just bought a 2002 Buick Regal LS off an auction (great deal BTW) that starts fine the first time around, but after I drive it for a bit, turn it off, and come back out the Regal doesn't want to start. I have to wait about 15 minutes before it fires up again. I did changed the MAF sensor but am still experiencing this problem.
Almost 100% positive it is your fuel pump. Had the same issue last year and after replacing just about everything else fuel and air related it ended up being the pump.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.