Wet trunk 2000 lesabre,

MikeLitt3810

On a farm in south west PA
2000, 2001, 2005 custom lesabres, 00 has 250k 01 has 120k 05 toalted and sitting at 40k
I look around and seen nothing for this yr I did see a 96 reply about it, but their answer didn't fit my application. Ok I have a leak had it for about 2 yrs now I usually don't care b/c it was always parked in shelter but now it is not so I have a wet trunk. My first solution was to stick a little person in the trunk with a flash light during a rain storm to find it. But local laws prohibit such actions. I do not have a sunroof, never had the glass replaced trunk gasket looks like new, left and right tail light lenses are in great condition, never took the center one apart (will need to soon starting to lose bulbs)

ok where it is most damp lite rain storm, right next to passenger rear tire carpet is damp on floor and about 3 inches up the side in an area that would take up 2 standard 10.5x8 sheets of paper. Now for heavy rain, this area takes up passenger half of trunk, if car is not in use it still gets wet so that is why I eliminated a bad seam in the trunk area ie where floor meets side.. Where should I seek out this leak?

dcraig1000

Buick lesabre
i feel ya brother. I have the same problem with my 93. I plugged up every possible water avenue with seam sealer and it helped with the spare tire well filling completely up, but it still pours out behind the light panel area everytime i open up the trunk lid.

grantlarmstrong

Ohio
Buick Lesabre
It is a year later.... are you still leaking. It just seams like such a silly problem to have to deal with. My leaks are inside the cabin. I get up to 2 inches on the floor while just being parked.

grantlarmstrong

Ohio
Buick Lesabre
It is a year later.... are you still leaking. It just seams like such a silly problem to have to deal with. My leaks are inside the cabin. I get up to 2 inches on the floor while just being parked.
Scratch that; I leak inside the cabin and in the trunk as well. It looks like it may be coming from the rear right blinker area (on the inside of the trunk -of course).

Mezani

2000 Lesabre
i have a 2000 lesabre and the trunk is getting wet from the sunroof , there is some water coming through the tube and coming down the rear sail and in the headliner. How do you pull the headliner? (drivers side)

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Hopefully another forum member can give more details, but most headliner are held in by the interior lights mounts and the plastic trim. Here's some diagrams that may be of help.
191704e023928fc327f35ac1c5673925.png 990917GM12-003.png

Get your turbo buick badge right here!