• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What Are the Names & Types of Our Engines and Transmissions and Where Do We Learn More?

WaWaZat

I'd like to learn more about the inner workings of the modern engine and transmission in our TourXs. I'm a partial DIYer who owns 8 cars, but most of them are pre-2000. Time to get up to speed on this 1st new car I've purchased in a long while.

In hopes of finding some good info on google and nice videos on YouTube, what is the exact name and/or type of engine in the TourX? I've heard Ecotech; LGT; Buick even calls the Fuel Delivery, Side Direct Fuel Injection. I know what DI is, but what is Side DI?

TourX Specs

Also, if anyone has any good web or YouTube links for a good education, that is much appreciated!

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon

Attachments

Last edited:

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
This is out of a service manual? My Buick dealer told me a FSM hasn't been made for this car yet. Where does one get one?!
That’s from GM’s internal system accessible by dealers and subscribers.

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
The service manual will allegedly be published by Helm, Inc. Their website (www.helminc.com) lists it as a PC-only USB drive for $300 and states that it has not been released by the manufacturer (GM) yet.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
I've waited long enough, so I subscribed for 3 days & got all the info I needed (that they had). The wiring schematics & connector pin-out descriptions are very handy, and so are the technical descriptions (no 'internal' schematics available--you're supposed to replace the modules, not repair 'em). Troubleshooting guides tend to lean heavily towards their Tech II & SPS diagnostic tools. Had to select a different brand vehicle to get the correct pin-outs for the HMI module, but 3 days should be enough (and a whole lot cheaper) to get what info you need.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
how deep do you want to dive...1hr inside your transmission...err, transaxle.
Luckily I studied this in college 45 years ago, otherwise It would have been tough to follow. Amazing how manufacturing technology allows such complicated precision parts to be made affordable.
Best to watch this one first.

Turbo Buick Badge