• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

What are these?

RavenRandt

Buick Ownership
18 TourX essence
2018 Tourx essence
L-shaped slots found just below the cargo cover mounting points.
I can't figure out what they are for.
Perhaps an option we don't get in the states?

Attachments

• IMG_20210110_202012.jpg
    IMG_20210110_202012.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20210110_202029.jpg
    IMG_20210110_202029.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 63

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
Fairly certain it’s an anchor point for a soft cargo area divider / wall that also attaches to two spots in the ceiling.

these things are very popular in Europe in the Estate / wagon cars.

almost bought one and upon further inspection noticed ours were gimped at the factory.

Aracan

Buick Ownership
Opel Insignia
Fairly certain it’s an anchor point for a soft cargo area divider / wall that also attaches to two spots in the ceiling.
That is correct. My Insignia came with two "rolls" that install there. The bottom one (L-shaped slots) is a divider net, the top is the usual trunk cover. The divider net can also be installed behind the front seats.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
That is correct. My Insignia came with two "rolls" that install there. The bottom one (L-shaped slots) is a divider net, the top is the usual trunk cover. The divider net can also be installed behind the front seats.

If/when you get a chance can you please post pictures (installed)? TIA!

Last edited:

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
The roof access/clip points are available to purchase from Opel. There are P/Ns for them. Not sure if you have to weld those in or not.

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
Pretty risky since you would need to take the headliner down, then cut it open.

I do have a aftermarket solution that works well for me. I am a big fan of these dividers.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!