• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

what battery for '18 tourx?

mooooo

Buick Ownership
tourx
When I put the summer tires on, I turned the ignition on to see the tire pressures on the DIC, and walked off with the ignition on. 25 minutes later, I got an onstar email saying my battery was critically low. I'd expect rather more than 25 minutes of reserve capacity, so I assume the battery is approaching the end of life. Is there a preferred replacement? It's a 94R AGM, right?

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence
It's an H7 AGM battery. It requires an AGM battery. Before you go off and buy one, the battery is covered under the 4 year 50k mile bumper to bumper warranty. I would have your dealer check it.

mooooo

Buick Ownership
tourx
It's an H7 AGM battery. It requires an AGM battery. Before you go off and buy one, the battery is covered under the 4 year 50k mile bumper to bumper warranty. I would have your dealer check it.
My dealer sucks[1] and would either tell me it's good, even if it had a hole in the side, or that it's not covered under warranty. The hassle of going somewhere else probably exceeds the price of a battery, but good to know it should be covered.

Also, H7 is a DIN battery code; 94R is the BCI designation, the dimensions and terminal placement is the same. The EN designation is 44L7. It's possible the BCI dimensions are still actually specified in 1/16 of an inch, in which case the notional dimensions might be off by a millimeter or two, but in practice it wouldn't matter.

[1] I didn't buy the car from them, they're just the closest dealer. I did try to buy a car from them, but they wanted more than sticker for it, when it had been on their lot for a year. They've told me a loaner isn't covered under warranty, despite plain language about it in the warranty. They changed their tune when I demanded that they put "customer requested loaner, not covered by warranty" in the write up. They kept the car for a week, telling me they couldn't reproduce the control arm noise, and that it was just normal brake noise. I reproduced for the service manager in their parking lot.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
Those AGM batteries are expensive too. Just had one replaced in my Cruze and it was over $200.

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence
My dealer sucks[1] and would either tell me it's good, even if it had a hole in the side, or that it's not covered under warranty. The hassle of going somewhere else probably exceeds the price of a battery, but good to know it should be covered.

Also, H7 is a DIN battery code; 94R is the BCI designation, the dimensions and terminal placement is the same. The EN designation is 44L7. It's possible the BCI dimensions are still actually specified in 1/16 of an inch, in which case the notional dimensions might be off by a millimeter or two, but in practice it wouldn't matter.

[1] I didn't buy the car from them, they're just the closest dealer. I did try to buy a car from them, but they wanted more than sticker for it, when it had been on their lot for a year. They've told me a loaner isn't covered under warranty, despite plain language about it in the warranty. They changed their tune when I demanded that they put "customer requested loaner, not covered by warranty" in the write up. They kept the car for a week, telling me they couldn't reproduce the control arm noise, and that it was just normal brake noise. I reproduced for the service manager in their parking lot.
You can take it to any Chevrolet, GMC, or Buick dealer. Just trying to save you some cash. As RegalMN said, these batteries are not cheap.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Just got mine replaced by dealer. Maybe you should bring it to a chain store first for a free test to see if they say it's bad.

Since these are more expensive batteries, I'd try to get them replaced under warranty if possible.

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
My battery was replaced under warranty, but I am also happy with my local dealer. Batteries are definitely weak on our Regals and they should be replaced after a year, if not sooner.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
My battery was replaced under warranty, but I am also happy with my local dealer. Batteries are definitely weak on our Regals and they should be replaced after a year, if not sooner.
My H7 AGM battery in my 2018 Tour-X still good. Thought it was giving me problems but after having it tested at Advanced Auto, and also my Buick Dealer, both said it was still good. (Problem was elsewhere).

My other car, 2017 Cadenza also takes the H7 AGM battery. Still original.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
My H7 AGM battery in my 2018 Tour-X still good. Thought it was giving me problems but after having it tested at Advanced Auto, and also my Buick Dealer, both said it was still good. (Problem was elsewhere).

My other car, 2017 Cadenza also takes the H7 AGM battery. Still original.
No longer have the Cadenza (H7).
Still have the Tour-X (H7) and now a Genesis G80, H9 Battery.

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
OoooWE! Check out those Antigravity H7 94R Lithium batteries. Sweet.
How many amp hours does our OEM call for? Cool batteries, I wonder about long term reliability and how easy would it be to replace if one of them fails.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
What prompted you to have dealer look at your battery, and what prompted them to replace it under warranty?

My ASS isn't doing it's thing, maybe that's telling me the battery is going? Although I like not having to play the defeat-ASS games (shift to manual mode, etc), I don't want a battery problem causing more problems. Thanks

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
What prompted you to have dealer look at your battery, and what prompted them to replace it under warranty?

My ASS isn't doing it's thing, maybe that's telling me the battery is going? Although I like not having to play the defeat-ASS games (shift to manual mode, etc), I don't want a battery problem causing more problems. Thanks
I already commented about it in other topics here. My ASS was jerking my steering at every traffic stop and I had LED headlights adjust up-down at every traffic stop as well. When I went to the dealer they tested the OEM battery and replaced it with ACDelco battery under warranty. All of the issues went away.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners