• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

What car to buy?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Still some people can even make a mini-van look cool, just tossing out the option.
cars-and-gear-2012-04-mid-life-crisis-cars-car-628.jpg

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Go big or go home, no SUV in the neighborhood would be as cool with the kids or be that fast for the school drop offs.
toyota-previa-ls-via-lsxmag-com.jpg

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX

Ahem - If the Oak Ridge Boys say it, then it must be true.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Oh it's true but they would have a different view of a Dodge Grand Caravan SRT Hellcat, lol.

Rauderin

Buick Ownership
Possible TourX owner
The TourX would be a crazy upgrade from a 2010 Rogue. After having my TourX for a year, I would absolutely buy it again. I bought my Essence model with 14k miles for 25,000 in November 2019. I will warn you that my grandparents who are over 76 struggle a bit getting out of it. It's definitely not as low as some cars, but it's not as easy to get into as a crossover.

The Rav4 is going to be an appliance car. I don't think the Rav4 would even compare in terms of driving dynamics to the TourX. Driving my mother's 2018 Toyota Sienna is like driving a school bus compared to the TourX, and I imagine the Rav4 would be similar but slower. If I were rich, I'd buy a new 2021 Audi A6 Allroad. I struggle to think what I'd buy today otherwise, especially for the price.
What about tranny complaints? Start/stop system and water in the rear hatch?

Aracan

Buick Ownership
Opel Insignia
We still love our Insignia (non-lifted FWD) wagon after 20 months of owning it. It's a super comfortable, roomy long-distance car. Our previous car was a Mazda5, and the Insignia is decidedly lower on the ground - it did take some getting used to.
We will keep the Insignia for a few more years. After that, mobility issues will be very different for us - the kid will probably have left, the dog will be no more. We plan to switch to the railway for the long hauls and just keep some kind of low-profile small SUV at the house in the country for shopping runs and getting to the ski lifts.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
The transmission is a little "dim witted" but only for the aggressive driver. If you don't treat cloverleafs as skid pads (like I do) you probably won't notice much. The start stop has gotten me trained to pop it into manual mode at a full stop and then back into D before I take off - newer GM vehicles have ways of turning off the start/stop which makes it more irritating.

I can't speak to other issues that I haven't had.

yukondon

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I've had my 2018 TourX Essence for a little less than year. Purchased used with 20K. I could not be happier. This is a beautiful car I enjoy looking at every day. Tremendous HWY mileage. This is the perfect height for carrying your Kayak - I transport 26' rowing shells on mine daily with the factory roof rack. Put a trailer hitch on mine and it occasionally bottoms out at poorly designed road/driveway transitions due to long rear overhang. Only way TourX could be better was if it came with a manual trans!

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence
I really like the transmission in this car. It shifts smooth and quick and downshifts when it should. I don't mind the auto stop at all. It restarts immediately and I've never had an issue pulling into traffic. There is a bit of water getting into my spare tire well after driving in a big rain.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I really like the transmission in this car. It shifts smooth and quick and downshifts when it should. I don't mind the auto stop at all. It restarts immediately and I've never had an issue pulling into traffic. There is a bit of water getting into my spare tire well after driving in a big rain.
Same sentiment here, but without the water in the cargo area. I'm also an ASS man.

I've found that 3rd gear is great for cloverleafs if I'm in the mood. In the bitter cold we have been having in MN I have been manually shifting until the car is up to full operating temp. Seems to warm the engine up a bit quicker if I hold gears longer on my morning city streets loop.

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
Just test drove 2020 GMC Terrain Denali with the same 2.0T and 9-speed auto. Really smooth, slightly slower acceleration, not as refined vs our Regals, but very close. It isn't worth $30k used, but definitely worth it for $25k with low miles.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
The CUV and SUV is a good choice if entry/exit in a “car” is challenging for you. The Regal Sportback and Tourex are equally practical, much more fun to drive, and with AWD are awesome in snow. I am now driving my third Regal and I have found them to be very high quality cars that are easy to maintain. There are good low mileage certified vehicles for sale that warrant a good look.

Rauderin

Buick Ownership
Possible TourX owner
The CUV and SUV is a good choice if entry/exit in a “car” is challenging for you. The Regal Sportback and Tourex are equally practical, much more fun to drive, and with AWD are awesome in snow. I am now driving my third Regal and I have found them to be very high quality cars that are easy to maintain. There are good low mileage certified vehicles for sale that warrant a good look.
How's the infotainment? I hear it has Android Auto but it's awful? Why is it awful?

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
How's the infotainment? I hear it has Android Auto but it's awful? Why is it awful?
Who said it is awful? I wish I had newer Android-based system. Mine is QNX-based, but still great. I had two new Acuras before my Regal and both had infotainment that was much worse. While it isn't perfect, GM's infotainment is easy to use and touch screen is very responsive.

Rauderin

Buick Ownership
Possible TourX owner
Who said it is awful? I wish I had newer Android-based system. Mine is QNX-based, but still great. I had two new Acuras before my Regal and both had infotainment that was much worse. While it isn't perfect, GM's infotainment is easy to use and touch screen is very responsive.
I think I read it on reddit.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I think I read it on reddit.
I was going to respond and say my red needle AA is stable but was afraid to jinx myself. Early on I had some issues but after switching to a Pixel phone it has been much better. Previously the connection would drop which I now think was the USB port on that phone...to compound the issue I then had to unlock that phone to initiate a connection. With the Pixel there are no drops and if I disconnect it, it reconnects without unlocking. So far my only complaints are with AA not allowing more apps.

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I have a white gauge 2018.5 Essence with D1 & D2 (driver packages) but no Navigation and have been trouble free with the system. USB or blue-tooth connections seem fine, using Andriod or Apple, no dropping of presets etc. I do also pay an extra $10 a month for a data line from At&t wireless for a dedicated 4G car line. (but not onstar) plus I've run a thumb drive in one of the center console usb ports with a few gigs of music without issue also.

*I do have the back up lines problem - shifting into reverse the camera activates but the lines appear then disappear. I could really care less about this

I can't be certain but it seems like those with the Navigation package are the ones with the most reported problems, but that's based on what I see here, not actual numbers.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!