• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

What car to buy?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
LOL. Good marketing can overcome bad ideas for awhile until someone actually uses it.

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
Tested barebones 2020 Honda CR-V LX Hybrid AWD today. As a huge Honda fan, I was really sad. It feels extremely cheap inside. It is loud, doors feel thin. Steering was also terrible for a new Honda - quick, but lacks decent feedback and again it feels so cheap.
Biggest turn-off was acceleration. Something Honda was usually really good at. Hybrid propulsion helps to get going from the start when you floor it, but after 2 seconds of very good pickup it just starts to revv up while not really accelerating. Our 2.0T LTG has so much more power when you want to accelerate beyond 30-40 mph.

The good: new CR-V Hybrid is very comfortable to get in and out. Lots of legroom up front and in the back. Cargo space is excellent. Seats are wide and comfortable.
MSRP is $29k, discounted price was $27k. Terrible value considering I averaged 29 MPG during my test drive when much better equipped new 2020-2021 GMC Terrain SLT sells for $25k with leather, light years better infotainment, Bose audio and much better acceleration/overall comfort, but slightly smaller interior space.

Rauderin

Buick Ownership
Possible TourX owner
Tested barebones 2020 Honda CR-V LX Hybrid AWD today. As a huge Honda fan, I was really sad. It feels extremely cheap inside. It is loud, doors feel thin. Steering was also terrible for a new Honda - quick, but lacks decent feedback and again it feels so cheap.
Biggest turn-off was acceleration. Something Honda was usually really good at. Hybrid propulsion helps to get going from the start when you floor it, but after 2 seconds of very good pickup it just starts to revv up while not really accelerating. Our 2.0T LTG has so much more power when you want to accelerate beyond 30-40 mph.

The good: new CR-V Hybrid is very comfortable to get in and out. Lots of legroom up front and in the back. Cargo space is excellent. Seats are wide and comfortable.
MSRP is $29k, discounted price was $27k. Terrible value considering I averaged 29 MPG during my test drive when much better equipped new 2020-2021 GMC Terrain SLT sells for $25k with leather, light years better infotainment, Bose audio and much better acceleration/overall comfort, but slightly smaller interior space.
I'm actually considering an Accord 2.0t Sport. I can get into a Camry easier than I remember so sedans (and wagons) are back on the table. Only pause on a TourX is lack of parts (hopefully not), potential water leak issues, and having to run premium all the time. At least on the Mazda turbos you can run premium or regular.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I'm actually considering an Accord 2.0t Sport. I can get into a Camry easier than I remember so sedans (and wagons) are back on the table. Only pause on a TourX is lack of parts (hopefully not), potential water leak issues, and having to run premium all the time. At least on the Mazda turbos you can run premium or regular.
Premium is not required. Many here are running regular, myself included. Or at least I was until I got tuned.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Understand required vs recommended is a first step.
Our wagon recommends but not require premium.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Wow conspiracy theories abound, lol. None of the vehicles listed on the dealer site have posted VIN numbers but can be requested.

Here's another Tourx low mileage offered.

But if the OP is 60 days plus to purchase its a moot point unless it's still available.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Forgive my "paranoia" but I did once scope out a Chrysler 300 V8 with low miles for what seemed like a "too good to be true" price and with a little digging I found that the car was a "buy back".

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
The OP can request the VIN number and see what it is about, but none of the vehicles on the dealer site have VIN# so that would be a lot of buy backs.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Wow conspiracy theories abound, lol. None of the vehicles listed on the dealer site have posted VIN numbers but can be requested.

Here's another Tourx low mileage offered.

But if the OP is 60 days plus to purchase its a moot point unless it's still available.
What is the rationale for hiding the VIN if they are not trying to hide anything?
Transparency is first step in gaining the customers' trust since dealers don't have stellar reputation.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Contact the dealer and ask, as I said none of the used vehicles have it posted but can be requested so it's not being hidden it's just not on public display.

The OP needs to request the VIN#, which will probably require a certain amount of information so they can badger him later with sales calls and marketing emails LOL.

yukondon

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Even better, stop by the dealership this weekend, wipe the snow off the windshield, and get the VIN yourself and pull a CarFax. Of course, if you call the dealer, they may offer this for free.

Lots of potentially innocent explanations for the low mileage. Perhaps previous owner passed away or just HAD to have an SUV.

Combination of pathetic GM marketing (really, what idiot would buy and ugly Subaru over a gorgeous TourX?) and the reality that those of us hard-cores who lust for sport wagons/shooting brakes/estate cars already own one means that the dealer isn't likely to have a long line of customers salivating over this one. Lots of these celebrated birthdays on dealer's lots. Use that to strike a great deal and treat yourself to a fine car.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Contact the dealer and ask, as I said none of the used vehicles have it posted but can be requested so it's not being hidden it's just not on public display.

The OP needs to request the VIN#, which will probably require a certain amount of information so they can badger him later with sales calls and marketing emails LOL.
In other words, the dealer is hiding the VIN for their own benefits only.
I would simply shop elsewhere and give them the middle finger.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Well if the OP is looking for the elusive Tourx he may just be SOL and will have to give up his soul to the devil of sales & marketing.

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat
So, hoping this car is around for a month or 2 as I'm not ready to buy just yet. Does a low miles car like this indicate an owner issue and I should walk away?

https://www.meyermotorsbuickgmc.com/details/used-2019-buick-regal-tourx/72002837
The price is 'just ok' not great. It is close to what I paid for brand new buy my car included DC2 and pano sunroof. A better price for this Tourx should be around $25-$26k.

And before you buy you should decide if you want DC1 or DC 1&2

Get your turbo buick badge right here!