What did you do to / for your Encore today?

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
2018 TourX
LED responds faster than incadecent bulbs that is why they make great brake lights, some BMWs change the intensity of the LED depending how firm the brake is applied.

Thanks for the update on the lighting. What are the low beam headlight number or style?

Meli

Buick Newbie
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Buick, Encore
I'm laughing at you raising the fog lamps to cast more light further in front of you. I take care of the roadways in our Capital City, in particular the downtown core and where the factory set them really helps with inspection. The funniest part is it took me 2 months to figure that out as the sun has now gone far enough south that I need the headlights! .............. Now if I can find away for the City to buy the car for me, maybe as an inspection tool........

Have a
great day everyone

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
The low beam headlights and fog lights use the H 11 bulb. Check your owners manual, some of the bulb numbers are there. They omitted the brake light bulb number, if you need it I got it from the dealership.

smegger2000

Buick Encore AWD
Rioux, hope this gives you some idea what they are like. There are some gaps in the front. The one piece for the back fits like a glove.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
2018 TourX
The low beam headlights and fog lights use the H 11 bulb. Check your owners manual, some of the bulb numbers are there. They omitted the brake light bulb number, if you need it I got it from the dealership.
Ah, the Saturn Sky uses the same front bulb -H11. I modified an H9(?) to fit. :)

R&L's Encore

Buick AWD Encore
Rioux, hope this gives you some idea what they are like. There are some gaps in the front. The one piece for the back fits like a glove.
I just installed a set of these also. The drivers side fits like a glove but not happy with the passenger side. Not sure if I'm keeping them, for $127 I expected a better fit.

View attachment 4384

View attachment 4385

View attachment 4386

Last edited:

mmadden2

Northern VA
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
I've never been able to appreciate the weather techs, too tupperware looking for me to put into a Buick. I'd just buy an extra set of carpet mats with the money (adding that to my list of to-do's). Add the fact that they don't fit well into the mix... bu bye.

BobZ

Buick
LED responds faster than incadecent bulbs that is why they make great brake lights, some BMWs change the intensity of the LED depending how firm the brake is applied.

Thanks for the update on the lighting. What are the low beam headlight number or style?
My BMW has those brake lights: the harder the pedal is pushed the brighter the rear brake lights get...kinda cool but I have never seen them in action.

Back on topic though - I am looking to tint the windows on the wife's Encore, the darker the better.

NittanyDoug

Buick
When we purchased ours it had the Buick all-weather mats already. They work well and not as after market ish as the weathertechs. I added some kuga 3d mats to my lacrosse and were cheaper than the 4 place weather techs. Can't say they are better as I've never had them. They were a perfect fit and the have a more fabric/carpet feel than plastic.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
Installed a black Weather Tech cargo mat, to match the black front Weather Tech digi mats I had installed previously. They did not show a cargo mat for 2014, so I ordered the one for 2013. It and the front mats fit my 2014 model perfectly !! I think the Weather Tech products are the best I have ever had. The front mats fit up under the pedals to catch any dirt on the pedals from your shoes. They have lips to catch any snow melt or rain. The cargo mat has the same lips. Both are made to exactly fit the vehicle. I would not have any other product. I had the Buick all weather mats in my 2013 Encore, including the cargo mat. The Weather Tech products cost a lot but they are well worth it.

Last edited:

mmadden2

Northern VA
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
Picked up a set of LED license plate bulbs to match the LaCrosse (which have been going strong for 2 years now). Too cold to install lately but I'll get there.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
Mine has sit in the garage for over two weeks. We had 13" of snow here. I was on the tractor, freezing my butt off, blading our 300' driveway. Not only once, but several times. I thought I was done, then we got another inch of snow. I gave up, cancelled all my appointments, and stayed inside.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!