• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What have you hauled in your Regal today?

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I should have taken a pick with it in the car, but this much freshly cut firewood, in one trip, with the back seats down (the big pieces are 14" in diameter, around 50 lbs each). The rear suspension was squatting quite nicely.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
I should have taken a pick with it in the car, but this much freshly cut firewood, in one trip, with the back seats down (the big pieces are 14" in diameter, around 50 lbs each). The rear suspension was squatting quite nicely.
Is that Ash? I think I'll be doing that soon - good idea

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Is that Ash? I think I'll be doing that soon - good idea
Unfortunately poplar, not the best burning wood, but it's only going to be used for outdoor campfires. However the price was right (free on Kijiji, already cut up as shown) so I'm not complaining.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Just started packing mine up for a road trip from NJ to SC. So far I am pretty impressed with home much this thing holds. I have two full size suitcases standing up side by side and there is still tons of room behind them. Some things I thought would have to go in a cargo tray may end up inside. Once I get everything packed I will try to snap a pic. By the way...thanks to whomever posted in another thread about using rewards pts for the unlimited data. I set that up online and got 3 more free months of OnStar. Now I have my son's tablet mounted on the headrest and powered from the rear console. So he should be able to stream videos the entire trip. And OnStar app access will come in handy when I want to remote start the car to cool it off.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Just started packing mine up for a road trip from NJ to SC. So far I am pretty impressed with home much this thing holds. I have two full size suitcases standing up side by side and there is still tons of room behind them. Some things I thought would have to go in a cargo tray may end up inside. Once I get everything packed I will try to snap a pic. By the way...thanks to whomever posted in another thread about using rewards pts for the unlimited data. I set that up online and got 3 more free months of OnStar. Now I have my son's tablet mounted on the headrest and powered from the rear console. So he should be able to stream videos the entire trip. And OnStar app access will come in handy when I want to remote start the car to cool it off.
Once my Onstar trial ran out, I too got another 3 months for free.
I use mybuick app now to start the car with my phone. No onstar subscription needed. :BANANA:

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Once my Onstar trial ran out, I too got another 3 months for free.
I use mybuick app now to start the car with my phone. No onstar subscription needed. :BANANA:
I thought app access required an OnStar service...maybe not the whole safety and security thing but certainly a service from them. At least for me when my initial plan lapsed the remote access to start or lock/unlock the vehicle was gone.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Hauled on... Trying out the new Thule rails for the first time on my canoe trip last week. Worked out great!
Looks good. I may try that next week. Any certain strapping or connectors you used? Is there a middle rail?, or maybe that just the canoe's rail.

jliebs89

Royal Oak, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Looks good. I may try that next week. Any certain strapping or connectors you used? Is there a middle rail?, or maybe that just the canoe's rail.
Thanks! It was a pretty simple setup - two ratchet straps that went over the body of the canoe. On the one side, I hook the strap around the Thule rail onto itself, then ran the ratchet over the body of the canoe and hooked it into a simple rope that I figure-8 knotted to the roof rail on the opposite side, then tightened it down. I used the yellow microfiber clothes to protect the canoe against the damage of the ratchet. The blue rope is just a simple backup rope, in the crazy event that the roof rack fails, that I tied to either side of the canoe's middle yoke and through the car wrapping under the roof and through the rear door seams. I drove 3 hrs in each direction with absolutely no issues at all, the thing didn't budge more than a half inch. Rock solid.

See pics, and let me know if you have any other questions, otherwise post to show how yours goes!

Attachments

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Now that I see a close up of that canoe I have two questions? How much did that thing cost? And how much does it weigh?

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I thought app access required an OnStar service...maybe not the whole safety and security thing but certainly a service from them. At least for me when my initial plan lapsed the remote access to start or lock/unlock the vehicle was gone.
Get the "My Buick" app. With out OnStar subscription I don't get many of the abilities in the app, but still am able to start the car and open-close the doors.

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Get the "My Buick" app. With out OnStar subscription I don't get many of the abilities in the app, but still am able to start the car and open-close the doors.
That's interesting... My OnStar just expired, and all I get is "Upgrade Now". Clicking it brings up subscription options.
Screenshot_20190712-052309.png

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
That's interesting... My OnStar just expired, and all I get is "Upgrade Now". Clicking it brings up subscription options.
I don't even get the option for remote start, below is what I can choose from. Now that I think about it, I never did, I ended up using the My Cadillac app I already installed when I wanted to use remote start

jliebs89

Royal Oak, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Now that I see a close up of that canoe I have two questions? How much did that thing cost? And how much does it weigh?
It's my dad's (a big canoe guy), so I'm not sure exactly how much he paid for it (it's about 12 years ago when he bought it). It's a Swift, of the Kipawa series, carbon fiber I believe, but you can customize all sorts of things so I don't know the exact cost or weight. I think it should be about 40 lbs and costs maybe $4000, give or take $500.

It's funny though that this is the one he lets me borrow...this is his "beater" lol.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
That is a hell of a beater canoe! I inherited a canoe from the previous owner of the home but it is fiberglass and heavy. Just too heavy for me to feel comfortable loading it on a car. I keep looking at others to see what they weight and it seems most are 80#+. That is no problem to lift that high by myself but it is awkward and I just know I would end up hitting the car.

jliebs89

Royal Oak, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That is a hell of a beater canoe! I inherited a canoe from the previous owner of the home but it is fiberglass and heavy. Just too heavy for me to feel comfortable loading it on a car. I keep looking at others to see what they weight and it seems most are 80#+. That is no problem to lift that high by myself but it is awkward and I just know I would end up hitting the car.
Yeah even at my 40 lb weight it gets a little tricky mounting it without another person. 80 lb seems ridiculous but I think it depends on how you plan on using it. I was on a multi day canoe trip with many 1-2 mile portages, so this lightweight is necessary.

If you're by yourself, maybe get a kayak?

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I want to start taking my son out (8yo) on some of the local creeks and rivers. There will be lots of portaging since it is common for trees to be down across the creek and some times of the year the water is too low. Once I get it there I am fine with the 80#...hell depending on what I am portaging over he might stay in it while I pull it over a bank or something. It really is just picking it up and having enough control that it doesn't tip and damage the car.