• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What have you hauled in your Regal today?

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
Wlepse,
I purchased a Seattle Sports Sherpak Boat Roller to use with my kayak (75 lbs.). It attaches to the car with lever-action suction cups. Lift one end of the boat onto the roller with the other end on the ground. Then lift and push the other end to roll the boat onto the roof rack.
Seattle Sports Sherkpak Boat Roller or

Last edited:

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Wlepse,
I purchased a Seattle Sports Sherpak Boat Roller to use with my kayak (75 lbs.). It attaches to the car with lever-action suction cups. Lift one end of the boat onto the roller with the other end on the ground. Then lift and push the other end to roll the boat onto the roof rack.
Seattle Sports Sherkpak Boat Roller or
Txs...I will look into that. I guess once I get it up there and it is on the cross bars I can flip it over for easier tie down.

By the way...I should have mentioned we averaged just under 70mph, where possible cruise was set to 75-85 and we got 30mpg with hand calculation. So overall I am pretty impressed with how well this car did. But it does have me questioning my plans to lower it. I think instead I may install performance springs with a spacer to keep stock ride height.

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Second and final trip. Could of/should of made a third...

9 more blocks
17 bags gravel
3 bags sand

At full tuck, no rubbing. Ride was reasonable considering the load, just took it easy. Bump stops surprisingly smoother than 90’s mustang.

Many more of these projects and I should think of a caravan or a beater truck.

4BAEC1AC-D5E2-4E6A-A7F2-491E07D13E05.jpeg

F8805A4D-B7E2-43FD-9F8B-730246480CC4.jpeg

358B8886-63D3-413B-B2FD-ECC2DA5CFD7E.jpeg

F9A0D379-828C-42D2-A128-F0B5B912BF7F.jpeg

Attachments

JenkkiMike

Get a beater truck. I have a Tour X and I appreciate the storage space when I need it. For a project like this, my recently acquired $2000 F250 would have easily hauled everything you got in one load. If not, my 5x8 utility trailer would have for sure. The added benefit is that you can keep the Tour X nice and clean too.

xrd7

Austin TX
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Just curious, has anybody ever fit two adult sized bikes on top of each other in a Regal Sportback without removing any wheels or breaking anything? I'm hoping it can be done.

Thanks!

Hinky

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
I'm sure you could fit two in the sportback with front wheels removed, but there's no way you're getting them in without removing the wheels.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
smokin_outlaw.jpgassembled.jpg

Been wanting a "Texas Style Smoker" for many years but always found an excuse to save or do better things with the money.

The local "big box store" had them at the beginning of the summer for approximately $225 and I decided to wait it out to see if the prices dropped. I had noticed about 3 weeks ago that the remaining ones were marked down to $147. Today the wife and I went over there to see and there were two left. Got to the checkout and it rang up at $118.00 with the tax included!

It was a heavy SOB but with a "team lift" technique we got it into the TourX. The box was roughly 38 in wide and just fit between the hatch opening. Plenty of room between the box and the 2nd row, I think it would have fit long ways but I didn't want to take the cargo cover out completely.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I didn't take a pic of it, but I fit a full size 36"x80" storm door, still in the box, in my TourX this past Saturday. The plastic wrap/cardboard corners/door closer included made it about 36.5" x 84" total.

Hatch closed, it sat atop the headrests and came up over my head. I put the driver's headrest up and lowered the seat a bit, and was good to go! Door is now installed on my rental unit.

ECB

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence

9 more blocks
17 bags gravel
3 bags sand

At full tuck, no rubbing. Ride was reasonable considering the load, just took it easy. Bump stops surprisingly smoother than 90’s mustang.

View attachment 17122

View attachment 17123

View attachment 17124

View attachment 17126
A lightweight utility trailer has been my go to since I gave up a pick up truck 20 years ago. Cheap to own, no insurance (its covered with the car), only downside is parking it somewhat near the driveway.

toga94m

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I'm not a performer, but I had 20ish wireless mics and a 16-channel board and XLR this weekend, didn't even have to put the seats down. Theater sound geek.20190804_182038.jpg

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX

9 more blocks
17 bags gravel
3 bags sand

View attachment 17122

View attachment 17123

View attachment 17124

View attachment 17126
You should really be careful!

I used to over load my 2003 Pontiac Aztek all the time and after 16 years and 277,000 miles the right rear spring just snapped! Lol.

Last edited: