• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What is this ceiling console part?

ekapus

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I've got another Regal question.

This part, right here, on the roof console:

Is there any magic to it? Or is it just a plastic cover?
If it is, is there a version of it that might have a sunglass holder in it (like every other car I've seen)?

floydwaters

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tour X
I believe it's an eyeglass holder if you DON'T have the sunroof. Otherwise it's just a cover if you have the sunroof which it looks like you have.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence

If it is, is there a version of it that might have a sunglass holder in it (like every other car I've seen)?
No magic. It is supposed to be the sunglasses holder. I don't have one either.

Attachments

DSB

SE MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
While I know the sunglasses holder must have needed to be eliminated because of some component related to the moon roof, I can't imagine how it would make sense from a manufacturing / packaging perspective to do something like this. I was looking at the schematics for both versions of the overhead console and can't see why you couldn't put a sunglasses holder in there. Has anyone tried to do this or know what's up there?

trflesher

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback

In mine its a eye glass / sunglass holder ...

ekapus

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
WTF! That's kinda what I thought.
I wonder how hard it is to retrofit one in there.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I'm not confident that it has been confirmed that the mechanism to manually close the sunroof is actually behind that cover......

ESPECIALLY since GM decided to omit a way to manually unlock the fuel door!?!

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
I realize that the Regal Owners' Manual is inexcusably inaccurate but my Sportback manual makes absolutely no mention of any way to close the sunroof without the electric motor. I suspect that the Sportback owners with the sunroof have no way to close the roof if the electrical system fails. Which leads me to believe that the "sunglasses holder" space is used for some motor or module in the sunroof system.

The Tourx panoramic sunroof may well be different.

Last edited: