• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

What is your Fuel Consumption to date ?

Rioux

QC, Canada
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore 2013
Hey guys,

What is your Fuel Consumption to date ?

For me, I have 5000 KM (3106 Miles ) and my best Fuel Consumption for my Buick AWD for city is; 22 USGPM (10.7 L/100Km) :sad: Maybe better with more km ....

It's sure that for the Buick info, this is best condition but very different to date ...

Encore Brochure:
8.9 city/6.7 hwy (AWD) 26.4 USGPM city/35.1 USGPM hwy
8.2 city/6.0 hwy (FWD) 28.7 USGPM city/39.2 USGPM hwy

Thanks

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
I wish the numbers posted on the sticker were "easily achieved", not best case scenario. Our V6 LaCrosse is rated 17 city and it's never once gotten that no matter how carefully it's driven. If all I can expect if 14 city, it would be nice to know that going in. On the other hand it's rated 27 highway and will return that number on a long trip with the cruise control set. That's not saying we don't love our Buick, she's a winner, but also pretty thirsty getting around town :)

Can you estimate your highway mileage as well?

Last edited:

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I just saw Motorweek review of the awd and they got a better than EPA expected 31.1 mpg!

The press vwehicle must have some more "break-in" miles. :)

Last edited:

weekend_drive

BC
Buick Ownership
Encore AWD Leather
Our car is officially at 10l/100km according to the computer read out. Mixed driving.

AWD with 1000km on it, so still barely used.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

dickencorenut

Buick Ownership
Buick
City mileage (AWD) averaging 27-28 mpg over 4,000 miles. No highway. And that is driving moderately aggressive for fun, definitely not driving for maximum gas mileage.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
I just saw Motorweek review of the awd and they got a better than EPA expected 31.1 mpg!

The press vwehicle must have some more "break-in" miles. :)

Thanks, I watched that episode after finding your tip. They mentioned a quick blurb about some sort of offset crash deficiency which I thought was weird after having just seen that the Encore placed high on safety. Overall the Motorweek piece was very favorable which is nice to see.

City mileage (AWD) averaging 27-28 mpg over 4,000 miles. No highway. And that is driving moderately aggressive for fun, definitely not driving for maximum gas mileage.

These numbers are looking pretty great. As I mentioned my city rating is 17 and my car falls well short of that. A true high-20's number is pretty super for city driving as far as I'm concerned :)

Last edited:

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
I'll make sure the wife knows to hits things squarely instead of with a glancing blow. Thanks for tip!

car_crash_smiley.gif

Another idea would be to not exceed 40 mph, they didn't test below that threshold, maybe it gets Top Safety Pick"+” somewhere down in the 30's :D

Last edited:

dickencorenut

Buick Ownership
Buick
These numbers are looking pretty great. As I mentioned my city rating is 17 and my car falls well short of that. A true high-20's number is pretty super for city driving as far as I'm concerned :)[/QUOTE]

I should attempt to clarify my use of the term "city" as that can have many meanings. I could mean stop and go traffic in downtown Chicago, Boston, etc. I would NOT get that 27-28 mpg. My "city" is Brookfield, Wisconsin which is a suburb of Milwaukee. I rarely drive in rush hour traffic and the lowest speed limit is 30 with most roads at 35. Driving to church is some 35, some 45, some 40 with a half-dozen stop signs.

Hope that helps to not overstate the mpg numbers.

LuvMyEncore

Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Encore
I guess there are some advantages to living at high altitude (computer leans out the engine automatically).

With a little over 4,300 miles on it now I'm averaging almost 30 mpg with a high of 33.2 mpg on a tank of gas while driving on open country roads and highway in my AWD Encore.

Mine seems to do best at around 65 mph and definitely gets better mileage with the "premium" higher octane gas.

I have been using the aCar app on my Android phone to keep track of mileage and expenses since picking it up from the dealer.

mouseworks

Buick Ownership
Buick
Third tank is 34 MPG, and that includes a 45 minute traffic jam that killed the mileage by 1.5 MPG. I do 85% highway and use the cruise control set at 65 MPH.

mikepc2fla

Cape Coral, FL
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
Halfway through my second tank and I'm averaging 32 mpg. My work commute is 21 miles with 19 stoplights along the way...I only top out at 55 MPH for about 4 miles each way. This compared to my GMC Envoy which would get about 18 mpg with the same driving....who's a happy camper? :headbang: this guy.

mjspiess

Buick Ownership
Buick
My wife is averaging 32 MPG in her Encore FWD. The best tank I've had with it so far is 34.5 MPG with AC running most of the time.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
These numbers are looking pretty great. As I mentioned my city rating is 17 and my car falls well short of that. A true high-20's number is pretty super for city driving as far as I'm concerned :)

I should attempt to clarify my use of the term "city" as that can have many meanings. I could mean stop and go traffic in downtown Chicago, Boston, etc. I would NOT get that 27-28 mpg. My "city" is Brookfield, Wisconsin which is a suburb of Milwaukee. I rarely drive in rush hour traffic and the lowest speed limit is 30 with most roads at 35. Driving to church is some 35, some 45, some 40 with a half-dozen stop signs.

Hope that helps to not overstate the mpg numbers.[/QUOTE]

The rear section of the awd drive decouples at 37 moh according to on gm presentation on youtube. It reconnects at a comeplete stop for 50/50 distribution at start up and slowly unconnects until 37 mph.

mjspiess

Buick Ownership
Buick
I filled up my wife's Encore Saturday. This tank was mostly in town (Lansing, MI) going back & forth to work for her with a few short high way trips and the average for the tank was 29.4 MPG. The display said 32.4 MPG. The tire PSI was 36 PSI, so I upped them all to 45 PSI. I'll report back. Tire pressure helps quite a bit in fuel economy.

Peco

Buick Ownership
Buick
How are you setting the tire pressure, off a tire gauge or the DIC? There seems to be a 7-9 psi difference in the two for me.