What is your mileage?

carlos&carlos

1999 Buick LeSabre Custom
OK, confess here... what type of Uranium additive you use when you fill up the gas tank?

Barely 68,000 miles on mine. 99 LeSabre

Did you changed or rebuilt the transmission or the engine?

HotZ28

1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
If you want the engine & trans to stay alive past the 200K mark, it will take early & regular trans/filter & engine oil change replacement to survive. Top brand synthetic fluids are the best for longevity.

Mighty_Bohab

2003 LeSabre custom
I just bought a 2003 LeSabre and it only has 56,683 miles on the odometer. Original engine, original everything, single owner, up until now, and he kept meticulous service records. It runs like a champ. I love it.

Attachments

HotZ28

I just bought a 2003 LeSabre and it only has 56,683 miles on the odometer. Original engine, original everything, single owner, up until now, and he kept meticulous service records. It runs like a champ. I love it.
Welcome to the forums, and thanks for posting the pic of that incredible purchase! You are lucky to find that car! BTW, where did you find it, Florida?? Post some pics of the exterior & interior.

sboutcalt

2003 Buick lesabre custom
I have a 2003 Lesabre custom at 99k now should roll over to 100k by the new year. I bought it in 2018 from second owner at 81k miles. It has a few problems but has been a good everyday driver and drivers Ed car for my teenagers.

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
Florida
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
What a beautiful car! Looks like a new vehicle! I expect that this will provide many years of dependable use.

Mighty_Bohab

2003 LeSabre custom
Yep, got it in Jacksonville, Florida. I will post some interior pics later, maybe tomorrow. I've been so busy with work and now a side job that I haven't had any time.

Mighty_Bohab

2003 LeSabre custom
Finally got some more pics of my beautiful new car. I love this thing. I just gotta figure out why it idles a little rough. It only does it while it is warm. Unfortunately I don't have a tachometer so I can't see what it's doing but I can for sure feel it. Does anyone know what I should look at? I have a DMM and an oscilloscope so I can diagnose most issues. There are no check engine lights on so the car seems to think everything is fine.

Attachments

HotZ28

Misfire will not set an CEL until there is a substantial number of misfires on a particular cylinder, or random misfire on several cylinders. It appears from the pics, that the ignition wires are all original and the plugs may be also. Miles has no effect on either, it is all related to age and how the previous owner drove the car to church & the grocery store that can foul plugs & cat running no more than 25-mph after a cold start. I would start by changing the wires & plugs and see how it responds. Do you have a scanner that will detect current misfire live data? If so, you should be able see the number of misfires for each cylinder. That engine should run smooth as glass!

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
Florida
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
Sorry for derailing this topic, but I just ordered spark plugs, wires and a fuel filter all AC Delco, and they should be here in about 4 days. This engine will purr once more.
You are very wise to use all AC Delco parts. Just a few times when I decided to go cheap, I was very sorry for that decision on my parts purchase. I have had all good experiences with AC Delco.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!