• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What kind of oil are you using in your Regal turbo?

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
When the free oil changes run out, I'll be using......

1. - AMSOIL European Car Forumla 5w30, Dexos 2 compliant.

2. - Mobil 1 ESP, Dexos 2 compliant.

3. - AMSOIL Signature Series 5w30, Dexos 1 gen2 compliant.

4. - Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, Dexos 1 gen2 compliant.

According the AMSOIL,.. their European Car Formula was specifically made for Direct Injection engines with forced induction ( turbos or blowers ). Hence why I'm gravitating towards the Dexos 2 blends. Newer Corvettes use 0w40 Dexos 2 oil. And I read in Europe they only have Dexos 2 compliant 5w30 oil for the 2.0 LHU / LTG in the Opel Insignia.

bulletinjection

Buick Ownership
2015 Regal 2.0T
Excellent, I will do a little research on these. Anyone else want to chime in on what they use?

bulletinjection

Buick Ownership
2015 Regal 2.0T

Malo83

Buick Newbie
Cent Cal
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal GS 2.0T
Pennzoil Platinum 5w30
Napa/Wix Platinum 47045 filter
Gold Plug AP-04 mag drain plug
Been running Pennzoil for the last 50 yrs in all my vehicles, with the GS she's on a 5K oil change routine, not a fan of extended oil changes, and with a Turbo even more ;)

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I drive my Regal hard. First oil change I had the dealer do at 700 miles. Second oil change at 4,000 miles. I'll have them do the 3rd and 4th change at 7,000 and 10,000 miles. Then I'll be doing my own with Amsoil European Car Formula 5w30.

I asked them if I can do my own oil changs after the first one, but was told they have to do the first 4 for warranty reasons.

I don't like anyone but me working on my cars / bikes.

Only time I let anyone do anything on any of my cars was when had a muffler blow out a huge hole 300 miles away from home. Muffler shop installed a generic muffler for $ 54, with labor and tax ! That was on a 1992 LeSabre in 2005.

mlarabia

Buick Newbie
Northern NJ
Buick Ownership
'17 Buick Regal GS
It is very hard to definitively find impartial oil testing data but there is one guy....

MOTOR OIL ENGINEERING TEST DATA

Check it out. Lengthy read but you can always jump down to the results and see what works best. I have always used Mobil 1 European 0w-40 in my wife's 2007 Saab 9-3 which has the same, albeit older, 2.0 turbo. Last I checked it was #6 on the list. I can get it cheaper and easier than Amsoil which are even higher rated.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
AMSOIL 5w30 Signature Series or their European car formula.

Signature Series = dexos 1 gen 2

European Car Formula = dexos 2 = Specifically formulated for Direct Injection Turbo charger engines.

Both of them are better than anything else out there. Mobil 1 is 3rd best in my opinion.
😁

'13 Turbo II (216)

Buick Ownership
13 regal 05 ranier
AMSOIL 5w30 Signature Series or their European car formula.

Signature Series = dexos 1 gen 2

European Car Formula = dexos 2 = Specifically formulated for Direct Injection Turbo charger engines.

Both of them are better than anything else out there. Mobil 1 is 3rd best in my opinion.
😁
At $13 a quart it better be the best.
At $23 for 5 quarts I'll gladly sit in 3rd.
😂