What other (much newer) cars do you have and drive?

three4rd

Buick
I'm curious....for those who are still ONLY driving 20th century cars - like myself with the 95 - what do you have? I'd really like to get something new that has more modern safety / tech features but haven't found something that I'm sold on yet. The floating, cushy ride of these older cars doesn't seem to be around as much anymore. And NO car that I've seen appeals to me as much - exterior wise at least - as the Riviera. So no matter what new car I wind up with, I'm still debating on whether or not to keep the Riviera.

Regal LTD Coupe

1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (& 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4900)
Most vehicles I have owned have been newer than my current cars, though right now 1993 is the newest. There isn't anything newer I want as they're mostly ugly, plastic, and poorly built. One of the few I would consider is the late model Lincoln MKX or MKC. The answer is perhaps to keep the Riviera along with whatever else you might buy; it's not as if you'll be offered a fair trade in value for it.

three4rd

Buick
I'm beginning to think along these same lines. I particularly dislike the grilles on many of the new cars. Lexus, Audi, some Toyotas, etc. I really hate to give up the garage space but might wind up keeping it as you suggest.

Regal LTD Coupe

Hell, if you like the Riviera do like I do and keep the older one in the garage ('93's in the garage while '16 is on the street at the moment, lol). Not like it makes much difference on most newer vehicles whether they're kept outside or not and I plan to keep the Regal, at least as of now.

three4rd

Buick
Guess I don't have to even get your thoughts on the new Regals. Someone on one of the car forums suggested that to me as a replacement for the Riviera. Nice enough looking but...again...they look so much like lots of other cars. If I get a small enough new car, all 3 vehicles can go in the garage. Just a bit of a hassle cause I have my tractors in there too.

Regal LTD Coupe

Something small and similar to the Riviera will be the Cadillac ATS coupe, available in both turbo 4 cylinder and V6 engines. Would definitely garage one of them.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Some guidelines beyond "other", price range, new/used, foriegn/domestic, etc. A Audi S5 might be what a Riviera could have been, doubtful as GM would have cheapened somehow, but it checks most of the boxes.

three4rd

Buick
Hate the front grilles on them though...but thanks. I'd gladly consider Lexus or Audi but I'm just so turned off by the exterior (front) appearance. I'm intrigued by EV too - or at least hybrid.

Regal LTD Coupe

Hate the front grilles on them though...but thanks. I'd gladly consider Lexus or Audi but I'm just so turned off by the exterior (front) appearance. I'm intrigued by EV too - or at least hybrid.
I'll own one of these eventually I'm sure; perhaps a 2.0T manual (never owned a 4 banger and sick of paying for gas!). I somehow expect them to hold their value better than the early 90s Devilles.

ATS coupe.jpg

Turbo Buick Badge