• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What years interchange with a 2001 Buick Lesabre?

Karle

Buick Newbie
um other 2001 Buick Lesabres with same engine and transmission and trim package....since u did not say what exactly u were looking for that is only answer can give u....

but if u have specific part ur looking for call ur local junkyard and they can tell u what other vehicles have same part.....depending on what it is other Gm cars not buick might work....but like i said u didn't say what ur looking for...

redmondjp

Buick Ownership
Buick
2000-2005 for most items on the body and interior. Mechanical items go further back to 1996 or so when OBD II diagnostics were first implemented.

But be careful of the radio and some other system components which changed year-to-year and are NOT interchangeable (not always obvious, either). Also, some of the electronic modules have the vehicle VIN coded into them, so forget about trying to swap junkyard modules in (some you can't at all like with the airbag SDM, and some you can like the radio, if you have a dealer with the GM scantool reprogram it).

Also, watch out for your wheel size. If your car came stock with 16" wheels (and larger brakes), you CAN'T use 15" wheels (even if they came off of the SAME YEAR of Lesabre), ask me how I know this!

carlos&carlos

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick LeSabre Custom
Don't know about year 2001, but the 99 interchanges lots of parts with Pontiac Bonneville, Oldsmobile Eighty Eight and Regency. This is mostly with mechanic and electric parts like brake pads, axles, sensors, bulbs, even lots of engine parts.

About body parts, obviously each brand is different.

dccb15202322

Buick Ownership
2001 Buick LeSabre
2000-2005 for most items on the body and interior. Mechanical items go further back to 1996 or so when OBD II diagnostics were first implemented.

But be careful of the radio and some other system components which changed year-to-year and are NOT interchangeable (not always obvious, either). Also, some of the electronic modules have the vehicle VIN coded into them, so forget about trying to swap junkyard modules in (some you can't at all like with the airbag SDM, and some you can like the radio, if you have a dealer with the GM scantool reprogram it).

Also, watch out for your wheel size. If your car came stock with 16" wheels (and larger brakes), you CAN'T use 15" wheels (even if they came off of the SAME YEAR of Lesabre), ask me how I know this!
How do you know this?

Homer Jay

New York
Buick Ownership
2001 LeSabre
Do you have a specific question? The post you're quoting is from 9 years ago!

Pedal Commander