What's a good Sunshade you would recommend

HMTJ6821

Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse 2016
In 1997, we moved to Tucson, Arizona which has a lot of sun and high temperatures. If a sunshade is not used, it can be impossible to even hold the steering wheel when returning to the vehicle. We used the Eclipse Sun Shade (Windshield Sun Shade | Custom Retractable Car Sun Shade) and have continued to use one in all our vehicles even after returning to the Midwest (Tennessee). There is some blockage of the view when open but, given that the federally mandated rollover A–pillars already block the view, it is something that you get used to. We have found that, after about three years of use, the fishing line often breaks requiring replacement. In my case, I have developed the technique allowing repair of the broken fishing line which will work for about two repairs before needing complete replacement.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
In 1997, we moved to Tucson, Arizona which has a lot of sun and high temperatures. If a sunshade is not used, it can be impossible to even hold the steering wheel when returning to the vehicle. We used the Eclipse Sun Shade (Windshield Sun Shade | Custom Retractable Car Sun Shade) and have continued to use one in all our vehicles even after returning to the Midwest (Tennessee). There is some blockage of the view when open but, given that the federally mandated rollover A–pillars already block the view, it is something that you get used to. We have found that, after about three years of use, the fishing line often breaks requiring replacement. In my case, I have developed the technique allowing repair of the broken fishing line which will work for about two repairs before needing complete replacement.
Clever concept but a big friggin' no from me. I don't even like a dirty windshield, having that extra real estate taken up by the retracted blinds would make me uber twitchy.

Chris, I'm using something similar to the Amazon item in your post. It's easy enough to manage and blocks most of the light.

Arthur_Davies

A Regular
Buick Ownership
2006 Lacrosse CX
I spent about $20 more than I wanted to, and bought a custom fit one from the eBay store, for, I think, Coverking. It was about $35. Honestly, the extra money compared to a generic one from Autozone or similar was well worth it, it fits perfectly.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.