• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

What's stock high beams - with fluted/lines or without?

WalkGood

Long Island
Buick Ownership
LeSabre
Looking to buy new head light assemblies for 2001 LeSabre Custom.

There are fluted/lined high-beams and also without fluted/lined high-beams.

I'm not sure what's the difference. What was stock OEM?

WalkGood

Long Island
Buick Ownership
LeSabre
Factory is fluted

Any idea why there are unfluted lenses?

As far as I can tell the fluted lens spreads the light wider. Is there a scenario where you don't want the light spread wider?

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
What the f$%k are you all talking about, I just did a google to confirm this, but the word fluted is a description of a old, phased out way of making headlights. A 1990 electra, lesabre would be great examples of this. iuts called Fresnel lens.
1659527973051.png
Fluted "housing" The trend of using a bulb that large ended mostly when the US allowed cars to use non-standardized circular and square tungsten and high
Do yuou mean the black matte stuff on the end of a low beam vs a high beam doesnt?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
What the f$%k are you all talking about, I just did a google to confirm this, but the word fluted is a description of a old, phased out way of making headlights. A 1990 electra, lesabre would be great examples of this. iuts called Fresnel lens.
View attachment 38800
Fluted "housing" The trend of using a bulb that large ended mostly when the US allowed cars to use non-standardized circular and square tungsten and high
Do yuou mean the black matte stuff on the end of a low beam vs a high beam doesnt?
Did you take the time to look at an actual description of the headlights?
It clearly states fluted. Post 2 in this thread has a link.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
Did you take the time to look at an actual description of the headlights?
It clearly states fluted. Post 2 in this thread has a link.
I actually cant open the link. just a white page with nothing on it, but that happens sometimes.
But most certainly I jumped in the conversation and in bad faith avoided the link where it showed up and was at question.
It clearly states fluted.
1659542350137.png
heres a similar year buick head lamp assembly, its even got nice defined lines
I looked it up on gm parts giant, , the first highlighted number. the website showed vague words like headlamp assembly but it also used incorrect workds like turn signal included.
It did say cornering lamps.
Also that drawing above is just also inaccurate, but its GM,

===
Now, I replied with that because you know better than most people, mel the parts sites often get flowery and downright somehow get vaguer the more they describe a part. You also know they are not scripture, and would have hoped that there was nothing assumed about me. I dont know what I did to either/both of you and I didnt realize that. And im sorry.

And to go to the original topic, no that those sources arent gospel or perfect that neither am I I try to to show being perfect or incapable of being incorrect

==
BGFM goes “off the rails” again.😉😳😎
And Im sorry its coming to be that way for you, since I already bit back about what you said about seats, I am clearly overstaying some welcome and out served my attempt at helpful purpose. 3340bed91b08e0287f57fcabe9ce249e.png
heres a least something that someone will be able to stumble on and find may actually be helpful.

WalkGood

Long Island
Buick Ownership
LeSabre
I actually cant open the link. just a white page with nothing on it, but that happens sometimes.

Here is a screen-shot from the link....

Screenshot_20220804-191437_Chrome.jpg

When shopping online I see assemblies that say "with fluted high beam" and also "without fluted high beam".