What's the rattle noise got to do with the hard shifts on the transmission

lasabre

Buick Ownership
Buick
2003 Buick Lesabre 3800 V6 70K only on it. this problem Hard or long shifts it comes and goes, it seems
when the engine is hot normally on a long run it starts with the hard transmission
shifts, same as a P1181 code but no engine check light on yet , some articles say a MAF sensor could cause it
what's next any suggestions ?.

Last edited:

Mad_Coachman

Baldwin, New York
Buick Ownership
2002 LeSabre Limited
Can a dirty or failing MAP sensor cause a hard shift ?

After 2000 Buick used the 4T65E which are controlled electronically unlike the previous generation (4T60E) which are controlled by engine vacuum. So the answer is NO.
If you're having lazy shifts followed up by harsh shifts as the tranny warms up you could benefit from a TransGo shift kit. It made my tranny feel like new.

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
Since I am a Amazon Prime Member, I do not click on any outside links to anything that I do not want to purchase. Otherwise, I will get numerous reminders in my email wanting to know if "I am still intrested in this product"! The same applies to eBay, except even worse!!

Last edited:

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
Since I am a Amazon Prime Member, I do not click on any outside links to anything that I do not want to purchase. Otherwise, I will get numerous reminders in my email wanting to know if "I am still intrested in this product"! The same applies to eBay, except a even worse!!
I keep getting adds for a dog hair chemical for clothes but Amazon decided I really need more things like that so they just show me pet crap all the time. I have a dog but my god she has toys and a collar and bowls she’s fine

Get your turbo buick badge right here!