Wheel bearing brand

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
I’ve used Timken, and SKF. They are both disappointing. Another thread on here recently mentioned Detroit Axle brand. I need a new set for my PAU, so I’m going to look into the Detroit Axle quality and reviews.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You may want to consider MIBearings LLC
Wheel Bearings Inc. Wholesale Automotive Wheelbearings, Made in the USA
Their own hubs are manufactured in the USA, so at least you know where they are coming from.

Retail store box house brands are pot luck of what's inside or where they are made until you are looking at the box, country of origin. The brand name on the outside of the box from a "direct" manufacturer or OEM is never a guarantee that it's a USA manufactured hub or is the same as what someone else has purchased 2 or 3 years ago, reviews are subject to opinions unless they have the mileage to back them up. Sorry not much of a answer but more of a guideline.

Frampton

Buick Ownership
2003 buick lesabre custom
Their own hubs are manufactured in the USA, so at least you know where they are coming from.

Retail store box house brands are pot luck of what's inside or where they are made until you are looking at the box, country of origin. The brand name on the outside of the box from a "direct" manufacturer or OEM is never a guarantee that it's a USA manufactured hub or is the same as what someone else has purchased 2 or 3 years ago, reviews are subject to opinions unless they have the mileage to back them up. Sorry not much of a answer but more of a guideline.
They list timken hubs just like I can get on Amazon, Amazon is half the price.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Sorry on the misunderstanding I said there hubs not buying other hubs, but Timken is more than likely a import hub. Rockauto has 30+ hubs from $28 to $110 so if shopping it would be a better choice on what's available, when it gets to that level warranty may be a choice but it's still the R&R part that if it's needs to be done again is the pain.

broke_collegekid

Buick Ownership
2003 lesabre limited
I just bought an oem ac Delco one. Which had the ac delco seal but the bearing itself was manufactured by skf in Korea I believe. Replaced the driver side one and no issues for 4000 miles or so.

murat

Buick Ownership
2004 Buick LeSabre Custom
Are there any suggestions for a good shop in Arkansas or Tennessee for wheel bearing replacement?

broke_collegekid

Buick Ownership
2003 lesabre limited
Are there any suggestions for a good shop in Arkansas or Tennessee for wheel bearing replacement?
Most shops will be able to do it for you, it’s more about price and the quality of the part they use. The dealer will use an oem part, and you can check with some shops if they are willing to install a part you buy. Independent mechanics are the best in my opinion as they have a good price, and mine takes parts I buy for him so I save there too

Frampton

Buick Ownership

Unfortunately they probably have Chinese bearings just like the rest.

Frampton

Buick Ownership
Might go down that route after all.
Watch a few YouTube vids, you'll be fine. Idk how mechanically inclined you are but fairly simple.

97PA

Buick Ownership
1997 Park Avenue
I strongly agree with Frampton regarding the WBI bearings and when I contacted them at their Warren, MI facility I was told the bearings are USA made and not import. I installed one a couple of years ago on my father's 1997 Park Avenue and it's the most trouble free hub I've used. You can get the WBI hubs from Summit Racing and they're usually about $80/each.

murat

Buick Ownership
2004 Buick LeSabre Custom
I strongly agree with Frampton regarding the WBI bearings and when I contacted them at their Warren, MI facility I was told the bearings are USA made and not import. I installed one a couple of years ago on my father's 1997 Park Avenue and it's the most trouble free hub I've used. You can get the WBI hubs from Summit Racing and they're usually about $80/each.
Thanks for the informative post. WBI...noted.

Traz

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
LaSabre
ACDELCO FW293 from Rock Auto. Never did it before in my life. It took me a couple of hours. I watched videos on YouTube. A1auto has a really good video on it. Be sure to buy a new spindle nut, and new hub bolts are recommended. That was 27k miles ago. No problems whatsoever! this is absolutely a job that a newbie can do.

I only changed mine because the sensor went bad, so my anti-lock brakes weren't working. The bearing itself was fine. It had 131k miles on it at the time.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!