Wheel locks for my new 20's

Thread starter #1

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS & 2015 Camaro SS
My GS did not come with wheel locks so i'm looking to see what other people have been using. I know some say they are useless but I will feel more comfortable knowing that there is something there :p
Has anyone used the Gorilla System wheel locks where there is a lock on every lug ?
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/the-system

The application guide says the size is 14MM X 1.5, dont know if that is correct

tellis85

Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks for sharing! I am going to order some tonight

QSilverGS

Holland, MI
Buick Ownership
2012 GS, 2006 Rendezvous
For deeper, recessed wheels like my winter Drags, the tire shop ordered up a set of these skinny Gorillas. The long key makes it easy to spin them on /off with a T bar too. uploadfromtaptalk1404962842218.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1404962859433.jpg

Jon17GS

NJ
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal GS
I just purchased a Regal GS with the 20" rims sharing a similar concern and was thinking of buying a 20-pack from Gorilla. I've never purchased or used wheel locks before. I am trying to have it look as stock as possible and am pretty picky even with the smallest of things.

Gorilla Wheel Lock Systems 71643N

Description - 14mm x 1.5, lug nuts, conical seat, closed end, spline drive, chrome plated steal, set of 20

Length - 1.4 inches

Forgive my ignorance with this part. I just don't want them protruding out further than the stock lug nuts on the rims and hoping for near stock look. Here are a few pics. Let me know what you think and if these are incorrect.

Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

Maryland
Buick Ownership
16' Buick Regal GS "Ebony Metallic"
My GS did not come with wheel locks so i'm looking to see what other people have been using. I know some say they are useless but I will feel more comfortable knowing that there is something there :p
Has anyone used the Gorilla System wheel locks where there is a lock on every lug ?
Gorilla Automotive Products

The application guide says the size is 14MM X 1.5, dont know if that is correct
All I have to say is dont lose that key and give it some time and the key lock will start bending from the open end and the teeths will start smooth out and start slipping on the lock. That's why I didn't install locks on my GS, why, because I have insurance and if their desperate to get my wheels well I'll replace them. Good luck bud

Last edited:

NHGuy

Buick Newbie
Nashua, NH
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal 2.0 Turbo, 6 Speed stick, BNR tune, 2 steps cold spark plugs, Black on Black.
I'm pretty sure Gorilla lugs are stainless steel and very corrosion resistant. I had a customer with a chrome-all-over truck with lugs that kept on rusting until I found him some Gorillas.
You can slow the wear on the key by staying away from impact tools. But definitely get an extra key or two.
And if any of the locks start to break down take them all off. Removing them by force will murder the finish on your wheels.
You can keep them nice by cleaning with a brush to get into the channels.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.