Wheel/Tire size upgrade for 18+ Regals

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Why not simply go to a local tire shop and ask them to try to fit 16" or 17" steelies?

Otherwise, as long as you're buying four wheels/tires the same size, and they don't rub and the offset isn't too outlandish, then the car won't know the difference...
Exactly. I’m going in next Friday to get my winter package installed. The guy at the shop had no issues and multiple size options showed up in his system. I verified my 17” diameter change is within 0.1” of factory so I should have zero issues.

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
It’s 40. Centerbore is 73 so it needed hub centric rings to bring it down to 70.1.

I ran all the specs through a size comparison calculator online and everything checked out. I’ve put about a hundred miles on the setup and it’s been perfect.
Thank you. Ideally I'd like to be on 16's as our roads in the Northeast, occasionally commuting to Boston which looks like the moon in March, is pothole central, but worried about caliper clearance. Times like these I miss the inboard brakes on my '91 Audi 200 20v turbo Quattros. They were designed to allow extremely light 15" BBS factory alloys and reduce unsprung weight without compromising braking. I had 3 of the 149 that came to the US. The Lamborghini of wagons at the time.

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Thank you. Ideally I'd like to be on 16's as our roads in the Northeast, occasionally commuting to Boston which looks like the moon in March, is pothole central, but worried about caliper clearance. Times like these I miss the inboard brakes on my '91 Audi 200 20v turbo Quattros. They were designed to allow extremely light 15" BBS factory alloys and reduce unsprung weight without compromising braking. I had 3 of the 149 that came to the US. The Lamborghini of wagons at the time.
I wanted to run on 16’s as well, but I couldn’t find something that I felt confident in. I’m running a 60 series sidewall on my 17” tires, so I feel confident in that extra cushion.

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I wanted to run on 16’s as well, but I couldn’t find something that I felt confident in. I’m running a 60 series sidewall on my 17” tires, so I feel confident in that extra cushion.
These are fantastic winter wheels, but a bit hard to find..for future reference. Thanks again.

MOMO Win Pro Silver Wheel 16x6.5 5x115 +38

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Discount tire shows +1 size as 255 45 ZR 18 that I had put on stock wheel, no clearance problems. Very close to stock tire in diameter although wider. General ultra high performance all season seemed to perform very well in snow. Suppose to effect speedometer, where at 130mph really going 129mph.
LJ

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.