Wheel/Tire size upgrade for 18+ Regals

danpritts

Ann Arbor, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 tourx
@Rhetoric - regarding the TPMS sensors.

I presume that there is an initial pairing process that has to be done to teach the car about the new sensors.

I'm happy to have the shop do whatever is needed to set them up the first time. But will I have to have them reprogrammed again every time i swap the wheels in the fall and spring?

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
@Rhetoric - regarding the TPMS sensors.

I presume that there is an initial pairing process that has to be done to teach the car about the new sensors.

I'm happy to have the shop do whatever is needed to set them up the first time. But will I have to have them reprogrammed again every time i swap the wheels in the fall and spring?
Nope. A programmer costs <$20 and the process for learning is simple.

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
The guy at Costco is right, you will have to relearn the tire pressure sensors everytime you swap wheels & tires.

I'd like to know where to get a programmer for $20 to reprogram the tire pressure sensors. The cheapest one I found was $140.

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
The guy at Costco is right, you will have to relearn the tire pressure sensors everytime you swap wheels & tires.

I'd like to know where to get a programmer for $20 to reprogram the tire pressure sensors. The cheapest one I found was $140.
They are all over the internet. Find one for 433 MHz and you’re good to go. This stuff isn’t rocket science and can be done by anyone in their garage.

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
I'm just stating what it says, I'm not being combative. I found one on Ebay for $10 with free shipping, for that low cost I'll give it a try.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.