• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

When Map/Navi Screen Does Not Load.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Every so often, my MAP/Navi screen (center screen) does not load. In the past, I’ve posted that the only way I can get it ton load is to shut car off, get out of car for one minute, get back in car and start car up. What a PITA, but never tried to get dealer to correct it because EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS, plus if I tried to have dealer check it out, it would operate correctly.

Discovered the following by accident. Twice now. I’ve found that when Map/Navi screen does not load, especially when on the split screen Home Screen, I touch the Map/Navi icon and go to the Map/Navi screen. My radio was LOUD so I turned radio knob, but radio volume WOULD NOT CHANGE. Strange! Touched Home Screen icon and noticed that not only does the radio knob work again, the split screen Map/Navi come on after a few seconds, and switching to the larger Nap/Navi, everything working as it should.

Tried it twice now and worked both times. Don’t know why, but it works.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Did not load again this evening. Went to large Map screen. Turn radio volume knob. Volume does not change. Back to Home Screen. Volume did not change for about one or two seconds, then volume came back followed by Map coming on.
This method now working for the third time. Yea!

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
20 Regal GS, 12 Regal GS (past)
Gotta say Im really happy with my GS but some of the "glitches" with the infotainment are just absurd. Similar as you describe, random things just decide not to work sometimes. On mine, the problems mostly revolve around the bluetooth connection to my iPhone XR. I purposely wanted a '20 thinking the software would be stable at this point.

Previously, I had a '20 Blazer RS with the same infotainment system and it worked flawlessly for my 6 months of ownership. It was truly impressive how well it worked. Makes me wonder if perhaps the Regal is a victim of some PSA cost cutting on the hardware side. I don't have anyway of knowing though. I do know they went ahead and made changes to reduce some of the sound deadening in the body structure.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
20 Blazer uses a newer version of the infotainment system comparing to our Regal which is carry over from 18.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Perfectly Normal, Move on, nothing to see here. Pay no attn to man behind the curtain.

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Mine has done it a few times as well. No nav, this is after the latest software update. I won't tell you that I still have disappearing reverse lines and fish eye back up cam sometimes, as well as a message that says tuner unavailable sometimes up to 2 min after starting the car

Ucgrad

Buick Ownership
2018 Tourx Essence
Every so often, my MAP/Navi screen (center screen) does not load. In the past, I’ve posted that the only way I can get it ton load is to shut car off, get out of car for one minute, get back in car and start car up. What a PITA, but never tried to get dealer to correct it because EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS, plus if I tried to have dealer check it out, it would operate correctly.

Discovered the following by accident. Twice now. I’ve found that when Map/Navi screen does not load, especially when on the split screen Home Screen, I touch the Map/Navi icon and go to the Map/Navi screen. My radio was LOUD so I turned radio knob, but radio volume WOULD NOT CHANGE. Strange! Touched Home Screen icon and noticed that not only does the radio knob work again, the split screen Map/Navi come on after a few seconds, and switching to the larger Nap/Navi, everything working as it should.

Tried it twice now and worked both times. Don’t know why, but it works.
I'm having this exact issue. I find confusing info on the radio version. Mine says 22.1 but I'm reading a service bulletin that talks about 22.8. But I've tried checking for updates and it says none.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I'm having this exact issue. I find confusing info on the radio version. Mine says 22.1 but I'm reading a service bulletin that talks about 22.8. But I've tried checking for updates and it says none.
That 22.1 is really 22.10
Just that the zero is on the next page.

I also have the Fish Eye view but it does not bother me as everything else works. See below.

Map on Home screen again did not load. Again, went to full
Map screen (which is blank). Turn Radio Volume knob higher/lower(volume does not change when doing this). Go back to Home Screen and after one or two seconds, Map comes on.
Works every time now since I discovered this method of loading map. Only takes less than ten seconds to do this. Wish I had discovered this method months ago.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
That 22.1 is really 22.10
Just that the zero is on the next page.
It depends on what the detail page shows. My 2018.5 had 22.1 on it from the factory. OTA update checking would not find anything, but using the 22.10 files in the "greyed out favorites" thread worked fine.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
It depends on what the detail page shows. My 2018.5 had 22.1 on it from the factory. OTA update checking would not find anything, but using the 22.10 files in the "greyed out favorites" thread worked fine.
I honestly doubt you had 22.1 from the factory on a 2018.5 unless it was loaded by a dealer much later. 22.1(0) wasn't available until like fall of 2020. OTA would not load any of the firmware updates on mine, it will update the built in apps OTA but not firmware.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
I'm not sure why you are arguing with me over what I saw with my own eyes before I updated to 21.10:

20210301_215426.jpg

20210301_215159.jpg

Get your turbo buick badge right here!