Where do I place my floor jack to change the fuel filter and back brakes?

bs669

Buick Ownership
Buick Century
Hello, as the title says i don't where is a safe spot to put my floor jack and jack stands, the pinch welds are pretty mashed up are there any secure spots, thanks.

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
Dont know what year you’re talking about, but my 06 Pontiac has the same issue. It’s FWD, so I put the jack under the center attach point of the rear suspension. The exhaust pipe passes in that area; I lift just forward of it where the two rear lower control arms are connected.

Duckland23

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
There four corners of the car for service shop lift support on the body of the car .
There in the front too back of the car .
You can feel the solid part of the unibody frame .
You have too tell what year your car is so you can get info from the forum members here .
82-96 century there spots right before the wheel housing and in the back by the axle bushing too .
You'll see them too
One other spot is since your changing the fuel filter is on the axle on the back closer too were your lifting the car too change the fuel filter .
But I need too four warn you , if the line is rusty you'll have trouble taking it off and can crack the line happened too me last year so I know .
If you do that and crack the line you'll have too change the tank and fuel sending unit too .
Just be careful ok and use a proper tools too remove the line a good one .
Any questions please ask ok .

Waiex191

Poplar Grove, IL
Buick Ownership
2000 Century
Dont know what year you’re talking about, but my 06 Pontiac has the same issue. It’s FWD, so I put the jack under the center attach point of the rear suspension. The exhaust pipe passes in that area; I lift just forward of it where the two rear lower control arms are connected.
This is exactly what I do for my 2000 Century.

bs669

Buick Ownership
Buick Century
There four corners of the car for service shop lift support on the body of the car .
You have too tell what year your car is so you can get info from the forum members here .
82-96 century there spots right before the wheel housing and in the back by the axle bushing too .
You'll see them too
One other spot is since your changing the fuel filter is on the axle on the back closer too were your lifting the car too change the fuel filter .
But I need too four warn you , if the line is rusty you'll have trouble taking it off and can crack the line happened too me last year so I know .
If you do that and crack the line you'll have too change the tank and fuel sending unit too .
It's a 01 Buick Century

bs669

Buick Ownership
Buick Century
You'll see them too
Thanks, sorry for the late reply I've been busy with work, yeah I'm pretty fresh at this but it's cheaper than taking it to a mechanic

techmann

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
The owners manual will show you where to set the jack, and there should be a sticker on the underside of the trunk lid.

bs669

Buick Ownership
Buick Century
The owners manual will show you where to set the jack, and there should be a sticker on the underside of the trunk lid.
I checked the owners manual and it gives me no info on the subject but I haven't checked the underside of the trunk lid

Waiex191

Poplar Grove, IL
Buick Ownership
2000 Century
The OP mentioned it was a 2001.

If your rockers and pinch welds are not rotted, you can jack there. Mine are rotted. I believe the OP also had pinch weld issues.

Like Joe posted, the rear lateral link mount is a great place to jack from. For jackstands, I put them on the ends of that mount, on either side of the jack. I think there is also a unibody channel inboard of the pinch welds that I've used before.

Just make sure it's secure!

bs669

Buick Ownership
Buick Century
The OP mentioned it was a 2001.

If your rockers and pinch welds are not rotted, you can jack there. Mine are rotted. I believe the OP also had pinch weld issues.

Like Joe posted, the rear lateral link mount is a great place to jack from. For jackstands, I put them on the ends of that mount, on either side of the jack. I think there is also a unibody channel inboard of the pinch welds that I've used before.

Just make sure it's secure!
You have any pics? Thanks for your help dude

Waiex191

Poplar Grove, IL
Buick Ownership
2000 Century
Whoops - I was mixed up with my Saturn. I did put jackstands under the rear suspension mount.
rear arm mount.jpg

This unibody channel that I'm pointing to is a good jack or jackstand point. On the flat part, not the curved part.
unibody.jpg

To jack up the entire rear at once I put wood under the bumper mount and jacked there to place my jackstands.

Happily I've not been under the car lately so I forgot which car was which.

bs669

Buick Ownership
Buick Century
Whoops - I was mixed up with my Saturn. I did put jackstands under the rear suspension mount.
View attachment 25987

This unibody channel that I'm pointing to is a good jack or jackstand point. On the flat part, not the curved part.
View attachment 25988

To jack up the entire rear at once I put wood under the bumper mount and jacked there to place my jackstands.

Happily I've not been under the car lately so I forgot which car was which.
Gee thanks dude you've been a big help 👍

bs669

Buick Ownership
Buick Century
IMG_20200924_222644409.jpg
You mean around this area? Because it seems like there are alot of things in the way to put the jack stand

Get your turbo buick badge right here!