• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Where Does Everyone Hold Their Phones?

clrader

2018 Buick Regal Tourx
It's always been a pet peeve of my how all car manufacturers never have a good place for drivers to sit their phones. This is my first car with Android Auto so I'm trying to use that feature which means I need to plug a USB cable into my phone. I have the additional wireless charger built in but it's too snug to fit my big phone and case so I end up just putting my phone with the cable connected in one of the cup holders for it to flop around.

In my last few cars I've always gone to this website that makes custom mounts for each car and I'd mount my phone somewhere on the dash so that I could see it, now I don't really need to see my screen anymore with Android Auto but I do want a nice place to sit and access my phone when I'm getting in and out of the car. A simple felt lined sleave/pocket on the side of the transmission tunnel would be ideal but no one ever seems to think about where the phone is supposed to go. I'm up for all ideas. I'd hate to have to ugly up the dash with this kit from Pro-Clips

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Nope, but if Google "car cell phone holders" there's a bunch to look at. Mine are the CD slot and cup holders.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
2019 Regal GS
I just throw mine in the cup holder. I try not to use it while I'm driving so having it somewhere handy/convenient isn't really a priority.

OP, have you tried removing the rubber insert in the wireless charger? Maybe your phone will fit without it.

vizkiz

Long Island, NY
2018 Regal GS
This sounds dumb, but I’m usually in my car alone. When together with kids, my wife usually drives. I have a GS, so I have the passenger seat leg support out one notch, and put my phone standing up on its side in there. Holds it snug. Accessible if necessary.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Red Needle TourX
This sounds dumb, but I’m usually in my car alone. When together with kids, my wife usually drives. I have a GS, so I have the passenger seat leg support out one notch, and put my phone standing up on its side in there. Holds it snug. Accessible if necessary.
Not dumb at all. Jealous you get extendable leg supports with the GS. My ‘81 VW Rabbit with Recaro LS seats has this feature but my TourX doesn’t. :(

jjbosco

Detroit Metro
2018.5 TourX Essence +all
I pulled the rubber sleeve from the wireless charging slot and keep it plugged in there while I use CarPlay.
I like this idea; however, does any one know if the GPS signal is now connected to the car (in my case Android Auto), or is it still using the GPS on the phone, in which case, to bury the phone might not be the best thing for signal quality...

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Red Needle TourX
I like this idea; however, does any one know if the GPS signal is now connected to the car (in my case Android Auto), or is it still using the GPS on the phone, in which case, to bury the phone might not be the best thing for signal quality...
If you’re using CarPlay or Android Auto it’ll use your phone’s GPS.

I’ve noticed no loss in signal quality from having it in the console.

clrader

2018 Buick Regal Tourx
I pulled the rubber sleeve from the wireless charging slot and keep it plugged in there while I use CarPlay.
My phone must be too tall because even without the rubber lining the wireless cradle is too tall for me to plug in the cable for Android Auto and shut the door.

I purchased a little side seat holder that I'm testing out.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Red Needle TourX
My phone must be too tall because even without the rubber lining the wireless cradle is too tall for me to plug in the cable for Android Auto and shut the door.

I purchased a little side seat holder that I'm testing out.

View attachment 14282
I have a 180 degree cable so it only adds a tiny bit more height to the phone so I can close the door. I have an iPhone 8+ so I'm not sure what massive phablet you have... ;-)

Cable I mentioned:

Amazon.com: Phone Charger Cable, ROCK SPACE 3.3ft/1M 180 Degree Angle U-Shaped Nylon Braided Charging Cord USB Data Sync Game Playing Powerline Compatible iPhone iPod, iPad, IOS11 More: Cell Phones & Accessories

I know it's for an iPhone, but I bet there is something similar for your flavor of Android phone.

jfgesquire

2018 Regal TourX
I’m not so sure about GPS. I think it might actually be using the better signal.

My LG G5 has horrible GPS, but plugged in to android auto and suddenly it’s with a few feet for accuracy.

clrader

2018 Buick Regal Tourx
I have a 180 degree cable so it only adds a tiny bit more height to the phone so I can close the door. I have an iPhone 8+ so I'm not sure what massive phablet you have... ;-)

Cable I mentioned:

Amazon.com: Phone Charger Cable, ROCK SPACE 3.3ft/1M 180 Degree Angle U-Shaped Nylon Braided Charging Cord USB Data Sync Game Playing Powerline Compatible iPhone iPod, iPad, IOS11 More: Cell Phones & Accessories

I know it's for an iPhone, but I bet there is something similar for your flavor of Android phone.
Awesome, I just ordered a USB C cable for my Google Pixel 3XL, yes it is pretty big. Thanks

redGS2

2019 Regal GS
It's always been a pet peeve of my how all car manufacturers never have a good place for drivers to sit their phones. This is my first car with Android Auto so I'm trying to use that feature which means I need to plug a USB cable into my phone. I have the additional wireless charger built in but it's too snug to fit my big phone and case so I end up just putting my phone with the cable connected in one of the cup holders for it to flop around.

In my last few cars I've always gone to this website that makes custom mounts for each car and I'd mount my phone somewhere on the dash so that I could see it, now I don't really need to see my screen anymore with Android Auto but I do want a nice place to sit and access my phone when I'm getting in and out of the car. A simple felt lined sleave/pocket on the side of the transmission tunnel would be ideal but no one ever seems to think about where the phone is supposed to go. I'm up for all ideas. I'd hate to have to ugly up the dash with this kit from Pro-Clips

View attachment 14219
I had a phone holder that went in the CD slot in 2015 regal. Tried it between edge of dash. Works on left side and somewhat on center above A/C controls. cd phone holder IMG_20200728_195128036.jpg

Red_X

2018 TourX Preferred Sport Red/Shale - red needle
Most often mine is in my pocket. For those times it's not, I just use the cupholder. No one here must use the Projection feature that supposedly transfers your phone's screen to the radio's.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!