• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Where Does Everyone Hold Their Phones?

94cruiser

not yet
I have used a combination of Pro Clip and RAM mount in the past.

In my previous two cars I used a RAM mount attached to the instrument cluster bezel as the base to bolt up to a bracket where a Pro Clip would attach.

Right now in the TourX I’m using a RAM mount cup holder, extension, bracket (which is also heavy duty velcroed to the center console to limit vibrations). This is attached to a Pro Clip which allows me to dock my phone to.

94cruiser

not yet
This is my first car ever with CarPlay.

Notes:
- CarPlay does not work 100% of the time; sometimes I need to disconnect and reconnect or wait.
- My phone is old by today's standards and thus I need an easy way to keep it plugged in.
- For years I've used phones without a protective case; rely on a easy way to grip and hold in my hand (this is why I held on to the "original" SE square lines as I can hold it firm and not feel like the phone will slip out of my hand.
- I'm on iOS 13.5.1; will update soon but I'm not confident it will solve the disconnect issues.
- In the past I had the phone paired via CarPlay AND Bluetooth and I think that was problematic.

I'd like to learn more about the Pro Clip mount (which attaches higher than my setup). I don't want to introduce any squeaks or vibrations. On my old car the phone did not vibrate. On the TourX after using velcro on the extension that eliminated any shakes. I feel not using a phone case helps with this too.

Attachments

shs92645

Barrington, RI
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I put mine in the large single cup holder to get it out of my pocket as it is big (iPhone 10). But when I use it, which is seldom when driving, I do everything through the car. The system on my present car works much better than the previous ones.

Wag0n

2018 Regal TourX Essence | 2019 Envision Essence
I leave it in the wireless charging pocket while driving. Notifications and texts can wait until my drive is over.

94cruiser

not yet
With my dock, I'm able to connect/disconnect the phone with one hand (partially also due to the size and shape of the phone).
Not often, but sometimes the phone will disconnect while already connected.

When I do dock it, it takes few seconds to initialize AirPlay or not connect at all, thus I may need to undock and dock again.

The battery on the phone is shot, when on my desk it's constantly plugged in.

... Waiting for iPhone 12.

Loodle

Tourx
Got tired of using the cupholder, so found this on Amazon, actually pretty closely matches the seat material/stitching. Stuck it right on the passenger side of center console.
Screenshot_20200731-084301.png

Get your turbo buick badge right here!