Where does the added ride height on the TourX come from?

Jwmsa17

Buick Ownership
TourX
So, I went through gmpartsdirect and compared the springs, shocks, mounts and upper/lower insulator of the TourX and the GS without the adaptive suspension. Those are the components which directly influence ride height. The only difference on all of those parts front and rear was the front springs of the GS, part# 84402614, which I'm guessing is due to the heavier weight of the 3.6 V6 engine vs the 2.0 DIT engine.

So, after this small bit of research I wonder if it is the case that all of the AWD models have the same (higher) ride height? Anyone actually know?

Also, on a separate note, I checked the knuckles to see if they were the same and they are. I thought the GS had the revo knuckle which has anti-torque steer geometry.

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
The ride height difference is only .5”, which could easily be made in the bushing or spring pad. Mercedes is pretty notorious for going this route.

PHillFan

Buick Ownership
None yet, lookin g for a Regal TourX
About 1/4" is in tire size. I'm thinking of buying a TourX and would like to see one "normal" ride height. I've been scouring the German Insignia forums (using Google Translate) with no luck. No reason to lower a Country Tourer when you don't have to buy one in the first place.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Not sure, but information I saw indicated springs were changed for most of the increase in ride height.

BrianCoasters

Buick Newbie
Greensboro, NC
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
The TourX is already at similar ground clearance and overall height compared to a lot of modern sedans anyways, so I don't see a huge benefit of lowering it aside from aesthetics.

BrianCoasters

Buick Newbie
Greensboro, NC
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
Eye of the beholder, and all that, but unlike Subarus, which look like they're on stilts, I think the TourX already looks "just right."
Oh I definitely agree. I certainly won't be lowering mine.
The Subie-stilts are exactly why their line-up was mostly unappealing to me, although the Impreza hatchback could've swayed me if it weren't for its abysmal powertrain.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.