Where is the Orifice Tube on a 1999 Buick Regal?

Kconley95

Buick Newbie
Buick
I am replacing the Refrigerant Control Valve in the A/C Compressor of my 1999 Buick Regal. I was getting high pressure levels on the low side and found the posting on the faulty RCV. I have a new accumulator and before I start to put everything back together I need to replace the orifice tube. Do I need to undo the two lines that go into the firewall? The orifice tube was the cheapest of all the replacement parts but it is causing me the biggest headache. Please help.

porcupine02

Buick Newbie
Chicago, IL
Buick Regal
same question, 2000 regal 3800v6sc. the wholesaleparts catalog schematic looks wrong (there
is no tube between the condenser and the firewall #5A)

I've been told its either at the connection to the condenser (#3) or on the top side of the accumulator
do you know??
please advise ...

hhttp://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/

GMP440

Buick Newbie
Buick
The orifice tube is located where where the two a/c lines are connected under the air intake duct going from the throttle body to the air cleaner.
Need to remove the air cleaner, rotate the duct going to the throttle body up and that will get you the clearance you need to access the line connections. Once disconnected the orifice tube is in the part going to the fire wall.

Turbo Buick Badge