Where to Jack and place Jack Stands

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I will be working on TourX and would like to know where I should be jacking the car up from and placing the jack stands.

I see the covers that you can pull out on the side skirts to denote the area but seems like a bunch of pinch weld seams. There is also a round protrusion with a hold in the middle, which seems like a place you can jack up from as well.

Anybody have pictures or diagrams of the areas?

Thanks!

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
When swapping rims/tires, I jacked the whole front end with the jack in the middle of the engine cradle's front cross member.
Then placed jacks under the control arm inner pivots. Sorry I have no pics.

The rear was not as easy as the front because there is nothing solid running across the whole rear end for the car to be jacked up even. I don't remember exactly where I placed the jack, but I think I went right on the control arm and placed the stands on the control arms as well. Rear Control arms are long, giving you plenty of space to play with.

Edit:

My Regal is a FWD, so I don't know how the AWD could be jacked up on the rear. hopefully the AWD can be jacked up level in one shot if it has something solid like a differential in the middle.

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
When swapping rims/tires, I jacked the whole front end with the jack in the middle of the engine cradle's front cross member.
Then placed jacks under the control arm inner pivots. Sorry I have no pics.

The rear was not as easy as the front because there is nothing solid running across the whole rear end for the car to be jacked up even. I don't remember exactly where I placed the jack, but I think I went right on the control arm and placed the stands on the control arms as well. Rear Control arms are long, giving you plenty of space to play with.

Edit:

My Regal is a FWD, so I don't know how the AWD could be jacked up on the rear. hopefully the AWD can be jacked up level in one shot if it has something solid like a differential in the middle.
I used to work on Jeeps and these unibodies look fragile compared to them. Will take your suggestions. Thanks!

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Essence | Moon Blue Metallic
Be careful doing this on these cars, there is a kick-plate covering the cradle that would need to be removed first. It's definitely not sturdy enough to jack up on the kick-plate, which is why I recommended side by side when doing my oil change.

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Be careful doing this on these cars, there is a kick-plate covering the cradle that would need to be removed first. It's definitely not sturdy enough to jack up on the kick-plate, which is why I recommended side by side when doing my oil change.
By kickplate, you mean the covers on the sideskirts?

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
No kick plate at the front middle on my 2018 FWD 2.0. I see plastic guards at either side but not the middle.

My brothers 2014 Verano definitely has plastic guards over the cradle front cross member. But not my 2018 Sportback.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
The protrusions you saw are where you want to put your stands.
No kick plate at the front middle on my 2018 FWD 2.0. I see plastic guards at either side but not the middle.

My brothers 2014 Verano definitely has plastic guards over the cradle front cross member. But not my 2018 Sportback.
Interesting. The X has a plate that covers that whole area.

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX

View attachment 16272

View attachment 16273

Usually with unibody sedans, I have used the jack the control arm and put stands on lower points on side of vehicle aft of front wheels and fore of rear wheels.

I also note oil stains on passenger side of your vehicle on oil pan area. Spill when topping off oil?

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
Usually with unibody sedans, I have used the jack the control arm and put stands on lower points on side of vehicle aft of front wheels and fore of rear wheels.

I also note oil stains on passenger side of your vehicle on oil pan area. Spill when topping off oil?
I noticed that oil after looking at the pics as well. never spilled oil.
The oil pan did come with a generous amount of rustproof coating from the factory but has mostly dried up by now. But maybe it was overspray ???

When I change the oil next time I'll take a much closer look

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I noticed that oil after looking at the pics as well. never spilled oil.
The oil pan did come with a generous amount of rustproof coating from the factory but has mostly dried up by now. But maybe it was overspray ???

When I change the oil next time I'll take a much closer look
Use simple green to clean it up and check it again after some time...

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
More worried about the pinch welds bending than the scratches. I've jacked from recommended jack points and they still bend at times.
Are you using a jack pad with a slit that places the load not on the weld but on the sheet metal on both sides of the weld?

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Are you using a jack pad with a slit that places the load not on the weld but on the sheet metal on both sides of the weld?
I do not have the adapter that you are speaking of, but it might be a good idea to get one now that I think of it.