Which side hub???

Frampton

Buick Ownership
2003 buick lesabre custom
Hi all! I'm getting a typical wheel bearing noise in my front when I'm going straight and starts about 40mph, and turning right or turning slightly right. Which is it, the left or right side?

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
Replace them both. The other one is not far behind. Ask me how I know — Ha!

Homer Jay

New York
Buick Ownership
2001 LeSabre
Left side needs to be replaced. IMHO I would only replace the hub that is bad and use a high quality replacement to avoid problems.

A bad wheel hub can increase or decrease in volume while taking a turn. Because the outside wheel works harder when turning, the bad wheel bearing will decrease in sound when turning on the side with the good hub, and it will increase in sound when turning on the side with the bad hub. So if you hear an amplified sound from the wheel while turning, it’s likely the hub on the opposite side that needs to be replaced.

Frampton

Buick Ownership
2003 buick lesabre custom
Left side needs to be replaced. IMHO I would only replace the hub that is bad and use a high quality replacement to avoid problems.

A bad wheel hub can increase or decrease in volume while taking a turn. Because the outside wheel works harder when turning, the bad wheel bearing will decrease in sound when turning on the side with the good hub, and it will increase in sound when turning on the side with the bad hub. So if you hear an amplified sound from the wheel while turning, it’s likely the hub on the opposite side that needs to be replaced.

Yup! Left side but I replaced them both.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!