Which tune is best for a GS.

jester435

Salt Lake City, Utah
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
You're totally right. This tune really woke this car up. I can tell the torque has really increased. As I went over a bump on the freeway my traction control light came on cause my front wheels broke loose at 80mph. Michael had me wipe the computer clean on my car after the first tune was shifting a little rough. I cleared all tcm from the car. Then he had me click on "force full flash" when I installed the tune the second time. He claimed it resets the transmission so it has to relearn my driving habits now but man it is much smoother and so fast. On the freeway it's insane. One question I gave is when I push the gas and have the car downshift on the freeway. When the rpms get to 3000 it seems to wanna jump to 4000 really fast. Like it almost downshift again and skips 3000 to 4000 rpms. Maybe the transmission is still learning since Michael said it should take about 2 days to adjust to me and to not use the manual mode till the transmission tables have a chance to have some data logged down. So after the second tune it's a fast car. Amazing
I have posted this in other places, but with a trifecta tune depending on where you live really helps the 0-60 time. I am at 5.3 0-60 in Utah which is pretty high above sea level. And 290hp over the stock numbers. It is a bit of a learning curve, but I have been able to drive this car mildly but enjoy spirited driving much more.

My wife is back to driving the GS now, so I only drive it on the weekends.

bnebel15

Bay Area, Ca
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS Smokey Grey Metallic. Trifecta tuned
I've already purchased and installed the trifecta tune and I love it however I came across a company today called racechip. When I was doing my research on tunes I mostly saw members supporting trifecta or ipf. I didn't hear anything about Racechip. Does anyone have any experience with this company. If so can you pleas elaborate on your experience and the performance gains with the chip you bought. It seems there are 3 different levels of chips to purchase. was just curious if anybody with a gs has any experience with this product. Thanks in advance

DonRican

Buick Ownership
2012 GS
Be very careful. There are people selling tunes and all they do is lean the car out. This is something you don't want to go cheap with. Research the company programming the tune well before flashing.

bnebel15

Bay Area, Ca
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS Smokey Grey Metallic. Trifecta tuned
Be very careful. There are people selling tunes and all they do is lean the car out. This is something you don't want to go cheap with. Research the company programming the tune well before flashing.
I agree 100 percent. That's why I went with trifecta. From reading these forums they gave a great reputation. My car runs great now after the trifecta tune. I was just wondering if anybody has used this other company before.

Makehe

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
... I didn't hear anything about Racechip. Does anyone have any experience with this company. If so can you pleas elaborate on your experience and the performance gains with the chip you bought. It seems there are 3 different levels of chips to purchase. was just curious if anybody with a gs has any experience with this product. Thanks in advance
I looked at them today as well and reached out to see if their product would work... Unlike the Trifecta, it is a piggyback system that manipulates/optimizes the inputs to the stock ecu. (Kind of nice in that it is easier to take back to stock if needed.) They have been around a while and have a pretty decent reputation it seems with the other German brands. They offer a system for the '15+ Camaro with the 2.0 turbo which is the same engine as in the Regal so one would think it should work (albeit they likely have not tested it.) It will be interesting what they come back with.

They also have an module that tweaks the pedal output to adjust the throttle response. Again, not specific to the Regals but as the GM "stuff" should be pretty similar across the platforms, I would think it would work. Being throttle by wire, it could make the feel better as long as you can get the output adjustments "right."

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.