• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

"White Frost" owners

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
So, from what I am able to find, we don't actually have what GM refers to as White Frost. We in fact have Abalone White tricoat, which isn't surprising as this is a rebranded Opel. With that being said, has anyone done any small rock chip repairs yet? Outside of buying touch up "kits" I can't seem to find anything of a reasonable price, for the paint code WA486B. Does anybody happen to know if it is in fact the same as GM's WA140X?

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
WA486B is definitely the correct paint code. I haven't gotten my hands on any of that one to compare it to the WA140X though.

Here's the stuff I picked up in an attempt to fix a scratch in the door sill area. The way this kit worked, there is the white base coat and a clear translucent topcoat that contains the pearl. It was definitely a different shade of white and had a different pearl density. I wasn't able to make it work. Link

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I’ve never been able to get a good match with a touch up using a separate pearl topcoat.

Unlike my wife, I like non-metallic colors. Easy to touch up.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I’ve never been able to get a good match with a touch up using a separate pearl topcoat.

Unlike my wife, I like non-metallic colors. Easy to touch up.
I fought to produce an acceptable touch up for days and I ended up taking it to a paint shop. I share your sentiment. I can touch up my other car that's plain white in a less than an hour (not including dry time). This tricolor is a different animal...

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
WA486B is definitely the correct paint code. I haven't gotten my hands on any of that one to compare it to the WA140X though.

Here's the stuff I picked up in an attempt to fix a scratch in the door sill area. The way this kit worked, there is the white base coat and a clear translucent topcoat that contains the pearl. It was definitely a different shade of white and had a different pearl density. I wasn't able to make it work. Link
View attachment 17021
In your link picture, it shows the 140X paint code, which might be why the color is off. The name is right, but code is wrong. They have a few different codes linked to the name, from what I found. 140X is the paint code for pretty much the remainder of all USA GM tricoat white vehicles. I am hoping that it wont be too big of a deal, since they are just a couple really small rock chips.

I am going to get mine from the Vauxhall superstore website and hope for the best!

Pedal Commander